• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

cahoot / abbey loan HHHHHHHHHHELP

janice514
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello there again

well received an agreement this morning dated 27 11 2001, unsure if the signature is mine? but is signed was long time ago,

STATES ON TOP CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

BUT IN PEN SCRIBBLED OUT UNDERNEATH IS NO ID DUPLCA SETUP UNSURE WHAT THIS MEANS.

what do i do now????? please help dont want to contact them they say in letter giving me 10 days for proposal of settlement.

helllllllllllllllllllllp j

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello there again

well received an agreement this morning dated 27 11 2001, unsure if the signature is mine? but is signed was long time ago,

STATES ON TOP CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

BUT IN PEN SCRIBBLED OUT UNDERNEATH IS NO ID DUPLCA SETUP UNSURE WHAT THIS MEANS.

what do i do now????? please help dont want to contact them they say in letter giving me 10 days for proposal of settlement.

helllllllllllllllllllllp j

ps not stat barred as shows i made 1 payment a few years ago???? what do i do now

my scanner not working ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh have tried and tried it looks pretty legit to me to be honest i will type some for you

credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

customerXXXXXXXXXXXXX

this agreement together with the cahoot account terms and conditions, a copy of which are enclosed sets out the terms and conditions on which we agree to open a cahoot flexible loan for you, the main financial details of the cahoot flexible loan are set out below

we are the initial creditor and ANCL will become the creditor under the terms of this agreement only if substituted as provided for below, unless and until substitution takes place all correspondence must be addressed and sent to us at the address shown above.

Once substitution has taken place all correspondence must be addressed to ANCL and all references to cahoot in this agreement in the cahoot account terms and conditions will refer to ANCL

credit limit

we will tell you from time to time what your flexible loan limit is

INTEREST RATES AND APRS

the interest rate for withdrawals and balance transfers is a monthly rate of 0.8733%

The APR for withdrawals and balance transfer is 11% (variable)

The APR is calculated on an assumed credit limit of 100.00

repayments

each month on or before the payment date you have chosen you must pay at least the minium payment set out in your cahoot flexible loan statment the minimum payment will be the greater of

& 50 or the full loan balance if less than 50.00

1.75 % of the flexible loan balance

the payment date is the day which falls 15 days after each statment date on or before which we must have received the minimum payment under the cahoot account terms and conditions the statment date is the date set out on your cahoot flexible loan statements.

variations

in calculating the apr we have ignored any changes to the interest rate fees or other changes which we may introduce or vary under the general condition 7 of the cahoot account terms and conditions.

substitution of creditor

we will give you advance notice of substitution and will confirm to you when this has taken place

Upon signature of this agreement by ancl ancl will be substituted in our place we and you shall be released from obligations owed to each other and in respect of your cahoot flexible loan and all monies standing to the credit of your cahoot flexible loan, our respective rights against one another shall be cancelled (the discharge rights and obligations) save as provided by statute. you and ancl shall assume obligations towards each othe rwhich differ from the discharged rights and obligations only insofar as you and ancl have assumed and or acquired the same in place of you and us. this means that any debit balances on your account will be owed to ancl.

Any security you have given will continue in force and will become vested in ancl when substitution takes place. For the avoidance of doubt upon substitution ancl may transfer by way of absolute assigment by way of novation or by the way of security any or all of its rights or its rights and responsibilites whether legal or equitable) under this agreement and your legal rights will not be affected.

Your signature on this agreemnt constitutes a continuing offer to accept thie substitution of ancl for us you agree that this offer will remain inforce until accepted by ancl or until ancl receives confirmation in writing from you that you hae withdrawn the offer. Such notice must be received by ancl prior to its signing this agreement.

data protection statement

this statement relates to the information you have given in the online application form and to any other information which you provide or have already provided to us or which we hold on you from time to time

bla bla bal

do you want me to type all this bit for you???

then at bottom has signature and dated 1 dec 2001/ unsure if my signature but it does change through the years doesnt it.

hope you can help

feel quite ill to be honest what do i do next hellllllllllllp

my scanner not working ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh have tried and tried it looks pretty legit to me to be honest i will type some for you

credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

customerXXXXXXXXXXXXX

this agreement together with the cahoot account terms and conditions, a copy of which are enclosed sets out the terms and conditions on which we agree to open a cahoot flexible loan for you, the main financial details of the cahoot flexible loan are set out below

we are the initial creditor and ANCL will become the creditor under the terms of this agreement only if substituted as provided for below, unless and until substitution takes place all correspondence must be addressed and sent to us at the address shown above.

Once substitution has taken place all correspondence must be addressed to ANCL and all references to cahoot in this agreement in the cahoot account terms and conditions will refer to ANCL

credit limit

we will tell you from time to time what your flexible loan limit is

INTEREST RATES AND APRS

the interest rate for withdrawals and balance transfers is a monthly rate of 0.8733%

The APR for withdrawals and balance transfer is 11% (variable)

The APR is calculated on an assumed credit limit of 100.00

repayments

each month on or before the payment date you have chosen you must pay at least the minium payment set out in your cahoot flexible loan statment the minimum payment will be the greater of

& 50 or the full loan balance if less than 50.00

1.75 % of the flexible loan balance

the payment date is the day which falls 15 days after each statment date on or before which we must have received the minimum payment under the cahoot account terms and conditions the statment date is the date set out on your cahoot flexible loan statements.

variations

in calculating the apr we have ignored any changes to the interest rate fees or other changes which we may introduce or vary under the general condition 7 of the cahoot account terms and conditions.

substitution of creditor

we will give you advance notice of substitution and will confirm to you when this has taken place

Upon signature of this agreement by ancl ancl will be substituted in our place we and you shall be released from obligations owed to each other and in respect of your cahoot flexible loan and all monies standing to the credit of your cahoot flexible loan, our respective rights against one another shall be cancelled (the discharge rights and obligations) save as provided by statute. you and ancl shall assume obligations towards each othe rwhich differ from the discharged rights and obligations only insofar as you and ancl have assumed and or acquired the same in place of you and us. this means that any debit balances on your account will be owed to ancl.

Any security you have given will continue in force and will become vested in ancl when substitution takes place. For the avoidance of doubt upon substitution ancl may transfer by way of absolute assigment by way of novation or by the way of security any or all of its rights or its rights and responsibilites whether legal or equitable) under this agreement and your legal rights will not be affected.

Your signature on this agreemnt constitutes a continuing offer to accept thie substitution of ancl for us you agree that this offer will remain inforce until accepted by ancl or until ancl receives confirmation in writing from you that you hae withdrawn the offer. Such notice must be received by ancl prior to its signing this agreement.

data protection statement

this statement relates to the information you have given in the online application form and to any other information which you provide or have already provided to us or which we hold on you from time to time

bla bla bal

do you want me to type all this bit for you???

then at bottom has signature and dated 1 dec 2001/ unsure if my signature but it does change through the years doesnt it.

hope you can help

feel quite ill to be honest what do i do next hellllllllllllp

LOOKS LIKE IT WAS AN ONLINE APPLICATION/

When you say it is not statute barred because you made a payment to them 4 years ago , you are saying this due to your own recollections , or they have records to show you made that payment, ie you made an SA Request and that payment shows up in their records ?

Otherwise it is statute barred if they cannot prove payments were made , not if they actually were or not .

Robinson Way have been known to put together a fake agreement and say it is the original, They did it to me however they did not get away with it. I told them I was going to report them to the police and never herd another word from them. Please check it is a copy of an original as that wording seems a bit to precise for 2001.

hello there thankyou all so much sorry for delay just come in from work, looks like original itm but its a photocopy? how will i find out, would cahoot sell a debt and paperwork to collection agency???? stuck what do i do next

x

need to scan it in

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hello there thankyou all so much sorry for delay just come in from work, looks like original itm but its a photocopy? how will i find out, would cahoot sell a debt and paperwork to collection agency???? stuck what do i do next

x

need to scan it in

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IT LOOK REAL BUT WAS INTERNET APPLICATION???????????

Did get breakdown of amount from cahoot a while ago, they did give me the date of the payment i had made, they had harrassed me so much i made one payment, so sorry now that i did that.

guuuuuuuuuuuutted

Did get breakdown of amount from cahoot a while ago, they did give me the date of the payment i had made, they had harrassed me so much i made one payment, so sorry now that i did that.

guuuuuuuuuuuutted

did make an sar and they just give me a date on letter that payment was made statue barred should be from when loan taken shouldnt it??? this is an 8 yr old debt,

will try with the camera in a bit, worth i try good thinking xxx

try post up later

j x

pulling my hair out, you know when you just feel like throwing the towel in lol keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep fighting eh

will try with the camera in a bit, worth i try good thinking xxx

try post up later

j x

pulling my hair out, you know when you just feel like throwing the towel in lol keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep fighting eh

Why have they kept aggreeement for 8 years? are they allowed to pass date on to dca

hiya am trying to upload them but for some reason wont let me, will keep trying but got to go to work soon:-x so frustrated.

can i e mail them to you?????

leaving for work in about half hour

j x

just worried dont know what to do next

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees i did it round of applause please lol, hope you can see it know its not really really clear, but wanted you just to see the document really hope you can help me further

what do i do next reallllllllllllllly stuck

j x

just found that letter snt to me regarding stat barr/ says

agency credit # 13 may 2006

agency credit 17 june 2006

agency credit 15 july 2006

does this mean i paid a debt collector the last payment but does not say who i paid?????

:x

trying micro mode now :p