Halifax Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before i became ill and started on benefits i had a arranged overdraft with the Halifax of £100 i had some problems paying my phone bill so i used £35 of that for the phone bill meanwhile i had a unauthorized amount of money taken out of my card by a french company that i had used online before they had made a 90euro charge to my card twice which forced my account in to a arranged overdraft i was forced to up the overdraft limit and also on top of that had banking charges. After reporting the transaction i had the money reversed after it was investigated by fraud department.

I was off work ill and i cant get out of this phone contract and to cut a long story short i have about 8 bank charges. At Christmas i made a card purchase for some Christmas presents and now i am £500 over the arranged overdraft limit

My debt was -£1000 half arranged the other half arranged. After Christmas i had a letter from the bank demanding repayment of the full sum of the overdraft plus banking charges and interest and it just keeps going up and up. Because i am out of work and on benefits i have to use my money to pay the rent and the bills and to feed myself and my pets.

I had agreed too pay x amount too halifax each month and i could not make the payment because i had taken my pet to the vets and had to pay the vet bill. Since i missed the repayment they refused to let me pay anything until i make a statement of how much money i get in and goes out "not sure what its called"

I am in a right mess and do not know what too do. This is my first bank account and iv never been in debt before.

The lady on the phone from halifax told me that i am lucky they are letting make any payment plan.

I do not know all my income and outgoing from my benefits but my outgoing roughly would be

£95 a month for bills

£400 for the rent

£40 for the rabbits

£100 a month payment off of my mums credit card as i am paying her back for my car because she agreed to put it on her credit card.

£40 for Hire purchase

Also there is food shopping to get as i have to eat.

Now i am off of work i cant pay all of the above which is causing me to get deeper in to debt and i do not know what too do.

I get roughly £460 a month and since its less then my outgoings i am in so much trouble.

It wasn't until i got the letter demanding money from Halifax that i told them i was on benefits i did not know they would just out of the blue demand me to pay the full sum back just like that.

I have assets like my computer but its on hire purchase so i cant tell that as its not mine.

I have contacted the law firm for free legal help from legal aid to help make a declaration/statement of the money that i get in and goes out but when i fill that out and sign it they will see i do not have anything left each month to give off of the overdraft.

What will happen to me. The law firm said that i can dispute all the banking charges but i will need to wait until the outcome of the banks court case over the high banking charges.

I have approached halifax and the banking charges and they do not care and will not do anything about them. The law firm said that the banking charged should not be that high at £35 a throw but what can you do about it.

Iv been so worried about the call i got from halifax and the letters that it went straight to my stomach and made me ill. There where quite nasty on the phone but when i was working they where more then too happy and nice to offer me all these overdraft increases.