werid gas meter (i think)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i been having poblem with gas usage im in an 3 bedroom tressit house with upto date insutlation etc and gas bill just to take chill off house is about 45-50 pounds every week and heating on so house is nice an warm is 60+ pounds week now i had landlord get bloke out to check boiler and was told there nothing worng with boiler apart from bit low gas pressure to boiler so i rang BG they told me it cost £90 to check meter im disabled on benifits with 3 kids i can't adford money like that.

right down to meter on label is says "installed june 04 renew may 09" the little lcd on left hand side showing meter reading every now and again (not timed it) keeps coming up as if u reset an lcd u know everything on screen lights up

and it very radom on usage if im lucky it take £2 over 24hrs or in unlucky £6-8 in 24hrs BG told me it boiler but it just was checked and house given gas check thingy but i have notice after every "reset" large amounts are took off one this morning took 50p after thats within 10 mins of heating on "chill" setting (so it just take chill off house)i got BG out but bloke said he can't touch meter not his detpartment all he did was put working pressure up to boiler to fix supply poblem to boiler but still same ramdom usage :S .

so anyone got any idea what i can do next ??? will BG replace meter as it close to it renew date (may 09) FOC ????

sorry for long post ppl and thanks for reading this far oh and any advice :)

Nitromad

Edited by nitromad

hi all

i been having poblem with gas usage im in an 3 bedroom tressit house with upto date insutlation etc and gas bill just to take chill off house is about 45-50 pounds every week and heating on so house is nice an warm is 60+ pounds week now i had landlord get bloke out to check boiler and was told there nothing worng with boiler apart from bit low gas pressure to boiler so i rang BG they told me it cost £90 to check meter im disabled on benifits with 3 kids i can't adford money like that.

right down to meter on label is says "installed june 04 renew may 09" the little lcd on left hand side showing meter reading every now and again (not timed it) keeps coming up as if u reset an lcd u know everything on screen lights up

and it very radom on usage if im lucky it take £2 over 24hrs or in unlucky £6-8 in 24hrs BG told me it boiler but it just was checked and house given gas check thingy but i have notice after every "reset" large amounts are took off one this morning took 50p after thats within 10 mins of heating on "chill" setting (so it just take chill off house)i got BG out but bloke said he can't touch meter not his detpartment all he did was put working pressure up to boiler to fix supply poblem to boiler but still same ramdom usage :S .

so anyone got any idea what i can do next ??? will BG replace meter as it close to it renew date (may 09) FOC ????

sorry for long post ppl and thanks for reading this far oh and any advice :)

Nitromad

Two routes you could consider. Call Citizens Advice, they may be able to get you a home visit to check the meter if it is clear it is using a heck of a lot more than it used to. This would be checked against previous bills fr the same property.

If you feel you're banging you head, call your MP's office. Ask them if they can help, please. They have a direct line and named contacts with the energy suppliers. They should react if you are on benefits and it's affecting feeding the kids, or keeping the house warm.

You should also be able to get someone at BG to give you the number of their 'vunerable persons' department. Try them as well.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.