Odd paranoia .....

Ripley2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just managed to persuade my friend to claim her charges back, after almost two years of trying. The final nail in the coffin is that last week they refused to pay her mortgage because it was £3.00 short. The payment was due on 31st Dec, their charges were due on 2nd Jan, they took those early instead.

Now, here's the odd thing, and to be honest, the bit that is worrying me! During the time that she has been having difficulties she has approached her bank many times asking for 'help'. Each time this has been refused, saying basically that she got herself into this mess, she should get herself out.

Over the past weekend I've printed out her Subject Access Request letter all ready. As she was going to the bank this morning to find out why her mortgage had not been paid, as explained above, I told her to get a PO, for the statuary £10.00 and hand the letter in personally (ensuring she got a receipt).

This she did, and also told the 'cashier/whoever' her intention to get another account elsewhere, to prevent this happening again. The cashier said, "oh, I'm sure there is no need to do that. Let me go and see". Upon her return she commented that there was no-one available at the moment, but she would get someone to call her. This was about 9.30.

Just after 10.00 she received a call from a person there asking a few questions and stating that he was sure they COULD help, by amalgamating her debts, and lessening the monthly amount. They arranged a meeting for Wednesday at 10.00.

Now, the bit that's worrying me, and call me paranoid but .... why? why all of a sudden are they able to help? When for at least the last two years she has been trying to get them to help?

Could it be anything to do with her moving her account or, even more sinister her request for Subject Access Request??

I'm so worried that she will go there on Wednesday and do something silly like 'sign' something that prevents her from claiming her charges back ...

Can someone tell me, am I being paranoid, or should I tie her to a chair and shine a bright light into her eyes until I brainwash her not to sign anything!!!

(as a post script, the option for me to go to the meeting with her is not there. I'm disabled and it's a huge task to mobilise me. Plus she tends to worry that I 'lose it' easily, and although I get the answers needed, she always feels embarrassed)

Hope someone can advise.

Regards

Rip x

So they are going to help by combining all her debts into one loan funny they want to offer help now they know that she has some idea of her rights. I would bet that they will offer her more than the total of her debts taking her further into debt than before and with what I would now say would be a properly executed agreement. Help my eye.

dpick