• Tweets

• Thank you - Defence has now been filed Doc_20240501_182920_Redacted.pdf
    • Hurrah! We got there.  After asking four times about the defence you've answered. To win this you will have to be a hell of a lot more pro-active and get reading up.  The standard defence is on every single claim form thread here. So first task for the evening. Go to  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-dec-2021/ Scroll down to  Q2) How should I defend? There is the standard defence. Change (6) into (7) and add a new (6). 6.  In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. Get if filed this evening.
    • OK, relenting on my above irritated post ... It's worth defending it.  At the very least they are likely to offer a deal. Plus  PE have added two completely invented amounts.  The £100 charge has morphed into £125.  Then they've added £50 legal representative's costs although they have no legal representative.  Even if it went all the way to court and you lost, the  judge would likely disallow the made up £25 + £50. Please fill in the sticky as dx asked. Then dx will be on with details of how to defend.
    • Quite interesting that the Conservative East Midlands  Mayor candidate doesnt mention conservative on his promotion LOL   but he does claim that he, a Conservative politician, is the man to fix the 14 years of Conservative devastation of the region - inc 'fixing' problems inc the utter devastation of the roads, bus and train services that his party have  imposed   Must all rotate around the meaning of fixing he actually means .. fixing noun dishonest activity to make certain that a competition, race, or election is won by a particular person:   .. or perhaps he just means 'fixing' - preventing change
    • Yes, absolutely normal for them to waste everybody's time and money by asking for more time – which they are entitled to do, of course – but it is simply a waste of time. They use prepared template defences. They know they are in the wrong but they simply want to make your life tough because they don't care about you. However do keep an eye out. You never know there is just a 1% chance that they could miss the deadline in which case you should apply for judgement immediately.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I have an unenforceable loan - but company still say they can default me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan, which is unenforceable. I did a SAR for my CCA, and Natwest replied firstly with just a list of payments due to be made for the rest of the loan, the amount I took out, the date. But, NO APR, NO PPI amounts etc. I wrote back to say that this was unacceptable, and that I wish to see a signed copy of my credit agreement, with all of these details. They then write back to tell me that they have "misfiled and cannot locate my credit agreement". I write back, using templates provided on this website, and some others, informing them that I am refusing to pay this loan anymore,I want a full refund of any amounts paid to date and to return my account back to zero. I receive a letter from them on xmas eve?!, to inform me that under s.77 (4) of CCA, that they would be unable to take steps to recover the debt via court, they would register me as a default with the credit reference agencies.

Can anyone offer me some advice. I have sent a mail to Experian to check whether Natwest are legally able to default me on agreement which is legally unenforceable? I have opened a new bank account with another bank, and I am prepared to not make another payment on this loan - why should I..

Should I raise this matter to FOS, should I speak to CCCS, or my local CAB- or should I speak to a solicitor to take the matter up on my behalf ? I am hesitant to do this, because I have as come as far as this stage, with the help of some of the very helpful people on this website, and my own determination and persistence in writing letters and making phone calls.

any advice appreciated.

I have similar situ with RBS card. They accept the agreement is unenforceable but will register default! I have been advised that this is how these matters rest!, however, if you find a way to get them to remove default, would appreciate assistance. Good Luck.

Hiya, I am working quite hard on this at the moment. I dont believe they can actually default you, whilst the account is in dispute. I believe that under a technicality for me, as they dont have my agreement, they cannot produce evidence to default me. I think you'll find something on the information commissioners website. I have also escalated mine to the FOS, and have sent the most sternest of letters to the company, quoting various parts of CCA 1974, together with their failures under Data protection Act 1998.. for losing my agreement, and continuing to process my data, even though they have no agreement - I have requested all payments back, and compensation. I have ongoing queries for my PPI as well. Keep it going. best of luck with yours

Hi All

Yes the sooner you claim for damages in front of a judge the sooner you will getthe damages and the default removed, we all need to go on the front foot and fill out the N1 court claim.

How to do it is made simple by the excellent stickies, threds and templates on this forum.

I have done so and will update asap.

the letter has been sent off to the bank, asking for compensation, cancellation of loan, and repayment of all payments made so far. I have also sent a copy and a complaint form to FOS. I have an appointment with my local CAB next week.. I heard of something call PRO-BONO, where the CAB can act on your behalf or something like that. I will certainly look at the N1 form as well. This is a fight that I refuse to concede on. good luck with your case scampy.

Hello Newward, I have a few cases going on myself and have much sympathy with your postings. It really does seem like the so-called banking authorities are playing the old-boy game of adjusting the rules to suit themselves. I sincerely hope that with a little help from my CAGGER alibis and friends on here that I can fight them back with their bullish costly moves ! Take heart, as my Granny used to say, it's only money :p

If you complain before the date they default you and put the account in dispute they cannot add the default to your credit file. If they do then they are in breach of the Data Protection Act.

13.6 We may give information to credit reference agencies about the personal debts you owe us if

• ·you have fallen behind with your payments;
  • ·the amount owed is not being disputed; and
  • ·you have not made proposals we are satisfied with for repaying your debt, following our formal demand

If they sign up to the banking code then they are legally contracted to abide by its obligations enforced by bothe the FSA and Banking Code Standards Board.

If you use all this in court i dont see how they can legally defend themselfs on the default issue part as they have breached every condition they subscribe to including the Data Protection Act.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

well put james

if you request your cca

they cant produce one or its crap

the account is in dispute.

no enforcement action can be taken, including defaults

you need to be tough on this one

they cant do nothing until you get a full and final response from there complaints dept giving you the optio to take it to the fos for instance

how many of our dca friends ignore that though

you need to stand your ground

i must stress

the account needs to be in dispute before a default is issued

after that its either court or ico

well put james

if you request your cca

they cant produce one or its crap

the account is in dispute.

no enforcement action can be taken, including defaults

you need to be tough on this one

they cant do nothing until you get a full and final response from there complaints dept giving you the optio to take it to the fos for instance

how many of our dca friends ignore that though

you need to stand your ground

i must stress

the account needs to be in dispute before a default is issued

after that its either court or Information Commissioners Office

Hi James, thank you for this. I sent my letter to the FOS last week. I am at the stage, where this month will be the first time I haven't paid an installment on my loan. I have opened a new bank account- wages getting paid into that one. I sent the bank, a letter last week recorded deliver informing them of my rights under CCA and data protection acts..and that as far as I was concerned, I am entitled to monies paid under the loan, the loan returned to 0, and I want compensation. Given that I sent my form to the FOS before I have even missed a payment, let alone default, should sway in my favour, eh?

have they defaulted you yet

you did the right thing opening a parachute bank account

you may find it hard getting your payments back

its called unjust enrichment

you had the benefit of the loan

again you did the right thing informing them of not making a payment

if they have not produced a valid cca in 12 plus 2 days you are entitled

a word of warning though

a default might be registered though unlawful

computers do it automatic

they are a swine to get removed and court or ico may be needed to get them removed

do you want to spend say six months getting them removed

no default, as I haven't missed a payment yet, until I don't make this months. But like the other poster says..if you have made your complaint early enough, then they may have a bit of a hard time making it stick. At the end of of day, i am not looking to move house or anything in the next year or so.. no one can credit or anything etc.. so if a default is on my file, I will write to all the credit reference agencies, to raise an objection, and just keep sending letters to the bank, FOS,and the information commissioner..as I pointed out in my various letters. I have checked with my mortgage company, and although the underwriters of my mortgage will see a default possibly, when they help me to re-mortgage in about 18 months, they are more concerned about my history with them, which so far has been perfect.

Hello Newward, I have a few cases going on myself and have much sympathy with your postings. It really does seem like the so-called banking authorities are playing the old-boy game of adjusting the rules to suit themselves. I sincerely hope that with a little help from my CAGGER alibis and friends on here that I can fight them back with their bullish costly moves ! Take heart, as my Granny used to say, it's only money :p

good luck with your quest's to.. you know what I really like about this site, is like it feels like a community. I use money saving expert as well, and although there are some wonderfully knowledgeable people on there, there are many people that are some people that are incredibly judgmental and downright rude..

you will prob find your credit cards/overdraft will be reduced to 500 quid
I reduced my overdraft from like 5k, down to that amount anyway.. and my store cards, already seen one reduced by 1k already.. but I can pay that off in the next 6 mths.. my loan and PPI reclaim is the one I am concentrating on.

I have an old loan with LLoyds TSB, this was originally an AMEX C/C Account which Lloyds took aver on a no interst repayment scheme. I hace CCa'd them and they have no records at all going back further than six years. I have SAR'd them paying £10 for all information on me. They have provided nothing and that was a month ago at least.

They have now handed the account to APEX Credit Management of Stratford-on-Avon who have sent to me a very nasty letter. I have given them the background but they are going ahead to reclaim monies for Lloyds. I think that they are wrong to undertake thisd assignment form Lloyds as I am thinking that I should have the debt (which apparently cannot be proven) written off and payments made to date refunded to me. What do the experts think ? Please .