DVLA threatening unjust court action... :(

apachesquirrel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right.... I part exchanged my car in february last year, it was with a large national dealer. I sent in my paperwork, and I have to assume the dealer did his bit. a month after I sold the car, I moved house. I submitted the paperwork from my new car and licence as usual.

a couple of weeks ago, I get a letter from 'intercredit international ltd' to the tune of:

'as you have ignored all previous letters, the DVLA is preparing a claim against you the registered keeper of an unliceneced vehicle', should you wish to avoid this action, you must pay an out of court settlement of 80 pounds'.

It goes on to tell me I'm breaking a couple of registration acts.

This is the first letter I have had from the DVLA on this matter, I think they must have been sending the 'previous letters' to my old address. Obviously I havent got them, and I havent got my old car either.

I have written to them explaining what has happened, but received no reply. This feels like I am being fined for a clerical error on their part.... I'm currently just waiting to go to court to be honest. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

This is the DVLA complaints process and their various contact details If things go wrong

As you've received no reply you may wish to move to step 2 of their complaints procedure.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well I sent them an email explaining what has happened, this was passed to the 'relevant section' aparrently and is going to take 10 days to answer.

However in the meantime, I have received a letter from a solictor on behalf of the DVLA stating that I have seven days to pay the debt, before legal proceedings begin. Can I request them to wait until the matter is resolved? thanks.

I would write back to the solicitor informing them of the situation and your subsequent complaint, which is still being looked into. I would also ask that they delay any legal proceedings until the DVLA complaints department have had an opportunity to look into the matter and that they have informed you that this will take 10 days.

I would also inform the DVLA complaints dept that you have received this letter from the solicitors.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.