PIPEX shocker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

been with Pipex for 5 or 6 years, paying about £25 a month for a 1mb connection... In june was peeved to see that it was about 14.99. I had a moan that I was paying over the odds, they reduced the price and upgraded me to a 2mb connection - fine.. or so I thought

requested a MAC code as the service sucks now that it is in Tiscali's hands. Out of the blue today, DD for £131 comes off my account??

I phone up and they say I am on a 12 month contract

Apparenty this was done when I changed my "package" in June - over the phone?? - no it wasn't.

anyway going to get the DD cancelled in 10mins and throw the ball back into their court...

tbh I recall nothing of a 12month contract

any views??

I certainly aint paying em £131 for heresay

kenny

Edited by MARTIN3030
inapp inuendo

Claim your dd back through the bank as taken without authority.

They do this but do not tell you or send you confirmation. I haven't looked but I expect it is in their T&Cs that an upgrade starts a new contract.

Yes it's in the T&Cs:

2.7 Our provision of Services may be subject to a Minimum Contract Period. Confirmation of the Minimum Contract Period applicable to your Package will be set out in your Welcome Pack or notified to you when you make your Application.

and further down in the Glossary

"Minimum Contract Period" means a period of 12 months from the date you enter a contract with us for Services, or 12 months from the date you upgrade or downgrade your Package, or such longer period as is specified in your Package, unless you enter a contract with us for Telephone Services only in which case no minimum contract period applies;

Edited by Conniff

Claim your dd back through the bank as taken without authority.

They do this but do not tell you or send you confirmation. I haven't looked but I expect it is in their T&Cs that an upgrade starts a new contract.

bounced the DD back to them today:)

I'll see what happens

thanks

kenny

You might find it difficult, see the edits in my post above.

2.7 says "Welcome Pack or notified to you when you make your Application. "

I would insist that it says 'they will send you notification' when you upgraded, as an upgrade (which you did) could be classed as an application and they never notified you.

The welcome pack would be when you first joined up with them, so is different.

You might find it difficult, see the edits in my post above.

2.7 says "Welcome Pack or notified to you when you make your Application. "

I would insist that it says 'they will send you notification' when you upgraded, as an upgrade (which you did) could be classed as an application and they never notified you.

The welcome pack would be when you first joined up with them, so is different.

good points mate, the ball is now in their court....

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hehe,

I get a bill in from pipex for £263.44 which is exactly double the so called cancellation charge....

really unbelievable these people, I aint wasting the time with a call will write a letter and offer to pay my broadband up until 03/12/08 as I just changed to BT today...

kenny

• 3 months later...

this just goes on and on....

just after xmas I phone as I am still getting letters, as the bill had now gone up to £293..

I did owe them £63 for call charges - fair enough I pay them and they apologise for the error...

another letter appears, phone told to ignore it...

then another letter, this time asking for £113...ignore it and then a letter from DCA, chasing me for £113 that I dont owe...??

DCA is now leaving voice mail and threatening home visits lol...

phone Pipex and they cant see the charge in the system, they will call me back...never happened...I phone again today...cant see it in the system, but they are upgrading, can u phone back??

really sick to the back teeth of the runaround from this mob and the stroppy cow from the DCA, wasnt too happy when I fought fire with fire and she put the phone down on me...

anyway, I think its time for a letter to the CEO or similar..anyone agree??

kenny