A little advice needed, please.

Kyokudo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an ongoing dispute with 1st Credit at the moment, but that's a completely different subject matter with it's own thread.

Anyway, since coming to CAG and reading a lot... I really mean A LOT. I spend hours on here gathing info and reading advice given unto others. So I am finding myself growing in confidence giving the same advice to family and friends.

Which brings me to the subject at hand;

A work friend of mine has been receiving DCA letters about an alleged debt to a catalogue taken out earlier this year. However, he never took a catalogue out. So this is a simple case of fraud. But here's the crux of it... It may be his own Mother who has done this.

Basically, he has spoken to her about it and she has said she'll ring the company concerned about it all, write letters, etc... But no correspondance has said anything about conversatons or letters received.

Also, his signature (if anything were to be signed) is very easy to forge as it's just basically a normal written name.

So what I've advised is for him to send a CCA request, followed by a SAR, as additional costs have been added. He's kind of reluctant, as he hates to do anything that requires that much effort.

Now I'm willing to print these letters for him and all he needs to do is send them off and pay for the relevent costs, but is this the right advice.

On a side note, the current DCA/Solicitor is Bryan Carter's.

Thanks

What? He's reluctant to print off a couple of templated letters because it is too much effort?

With a work ethic like that he should consider a job at the Office Of Fair Trading.

There is no harm whatsoever in sending off these requests. The CCA request may well turn up no enforceable agreement, and put the account into dispute, funny signature or no funny signature.

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) will reveal any history between "himself" (or his imitator), and the catalogue concerned. This may even help identify the perpetrator.

edited

SH

Edited by HSBCrusher
please be careful as to what you post

Yeah, let's just say he's great at work and works til he drops.

But when it comes to matters of personal interest, he's a bit... well, lazy.

Anyway, I'll get them printed off for him tonight.

Thanks for your quick reply.