Kensington and GMAC Mortgages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there everybody

Just thought would let you know that we received letter from GMAC saying they would not refund ERC (still waiting for copy statements in relation to claiming back charges)! They added at the end of their letter that they will treat our letter as a formal complaint. However complaints procedure is still available!!!! yes whatever are we bothered!! Will wait to get statements and try to get back charges and then proceed to Court with ERC!

Catherine and Dave

xx

:D :D :DMoney in account £13216.66!!!!

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

SPML - issued MCOL on 21.11.06!

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Capital One-going to issue MCOL for £1243!

hi there

Rec'vd letter from Kensington saying that full Data Subject Access will involve lot of papers do we require it all and enc form which please tick to say what you require, guess what no form enclosed!! what a surprise. Also wanted proof of identity what a laugh pity they do not take such a lot of trouble to explain the terms of their mortgages to us as they do trying to stop us getting our money back!! Will keep you informed.

Catherine and Dave

xx

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Hi there

Received identical letter today from GMAC are these two companies related? I bet they are as there both b.......s! we had a mortgage with GMAC and then remortgaged with Kensington it was like going out of the frying pan into the fire and resulting in us having to sell before they repossessed us but it has made us stronger despite the rocky road we have been down. Good luck to everyone out there.

lol

Catherine and Dave

xx

Hi everyone

Just a quick note to say we are still awaiting our statements from GMAC and Kensington we intend to go for the charges and then the ERC. We feel it will only be a matter of time before the mortgage companies start caving in like the Banks they are not going to want to let Joe Public know how they make up their so called fees are they? Good luck to everyone out there.

Catherine Bear

xxxx

Thanks Zoot

Recv'd letter this morning saying the statements should be with us shortly and enclosing a form which we were free to complete amd semd back although this is not mandatory. Guess what one of the questions was why are we requesting this information? I think not!! It makes me laugh they have written to us more over this than they did when we were having problems with our mortgage!

Catherine Bear

xx:-)

Guest mike grant-sinclair

Hi,

Have now issued claim in Willesden County Court for £8700.00 ERC and Interest? on mortgage lets see what GMAC do now and done the same to FUTURE for £4306.00 ERC. and I WILL go all the way with this as they did with me.

The courts can NOT charge a ruileing from the House of Lords or an earlier court ruiling.

So the one whoe's watching this site on there behalve lets drance! as they have a good freind looking here

Kensington and GMAC are not the same company or related. GMAC RFC are owned by General Motors, If you need details of account numbers or copies of your mortgage offers go back to your mortgage brokers they should have them or be able to get them for you. GMac also write business under High Street Home Loans, Victory and no doubt serveral others names. The reason why you might have a mortgage with Kensington and then the name change is that they sell the account on but your terms must stay the same.

I hope this information is of help, I am also going to sue both companies for ERP

Trevor

Guest mike grant-sinclair

I know I was taken in by both at a cost to me.

You should check the start up funds of these company's and see how they got there money to buy all these mortgages.

:rolleyes: We have now had letters from GMAC and Kensington giving us a date when our statements should be with us by!! Like everyone else on this site we were well and truly stitched up by these companies and lost such a lot of money and were eventually forced to sell our home before it was repossessed. We intend to do two claims against them both one for the ERC and one for the charges which we cannot wait to see what they are as we were in a difficult situation and could not meet our payments so it will be very interesting to see what they have charged us. Have any others done this as well? I was interested in what Mike said do you have a copy of this article referring to the House of Lords please? Good luck to all our mates on this site and lets hope we will all be smiling again very soon!!

CatherineBear

xxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

:mad: Recvd statements from GMAC and Kensington. GMAC have charged us £1,662.11 in charges for late payments and arrears managements fees!! and Kensington £2455.55 for the same!!! so have sent letters requesting the money back or else we will issue a MCOL on line after 14 days if no reply received from them.

Regarding the ERC GMAC charged us £3732.20 and Kensington £7,200. Infact Kensington originally loaned us £110,000 and upon redemption of the mortgage some 5 months short of the 3 years penalty we repaid them £127,200!!! and they think they have done nothing wrong!! Has anyone else gone the fast ttrack with regard to ERC as obviously Kensington is over the £5,000 limit and we presume we would have to pay the fees to go fast track can anyone let us know this?

Many thanks good luck to all out there fighting the cause.

Catherine Bear

xx

Hi there hows it going? Im just about to start my claim against GMAC They tried to reposses me twice but thankfully have found another mortgage & with the help of everyone on this website have managed to reduce my credit debt so will hopefully be able to go with a normal lender in 2 yrs time.have you had any luck with your claim against Gmac? Is it still ongoing?

id be very interested to know.

All the best Amanda X

Amanda Taylor #40

"Im just about to start my claim against GMAC They tried to reposses me twice but thankfully have found another mortgage company."

Hi Amanda/Catherine&Dave

Sorry to hijack this thread but GMAC has done the same to me - 2nd time threat last/this week. Who have you gone to for a mortgage, Amanda?

Best wishes

Sue

Wanabee:cool:but easily :confused:ed!!

23/6 Data Protection Act + £10

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

7/71 yr sttmts (2nd a/c) Faxed auth. 4 £10m'fiche

9/7 Screen prints 1 1/2 mths 1st a/c/2 1/2 mths 2nd a/c

11/7 20 mths sttmts 1st a/c

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

5/8-8/9, 7/8 3 "sorry not happy"/"m'fiche not covrd"ltrs

9/8 IFO form & backup mat'l

10/8 LBA/calcs 2 Dawn Hoyle

CHECK COPY STMNTS - DON'T HAVE CHARGES AT FRONT

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

26/9 Rej. ltr/7 days 2 court action (1st a/c)

10/10 Moneyclaim form online (1st a/c)

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

4/1/2007 Preliminary court hearing due

30th Dec. 2006 REC'D FULL PAYMENT INTO BANK ACCOUNT - ABBEY's WITHDRAWN!!:D

Hi Sutee50.

I went thorugh a broker who has put me with another adverse lender call victoria.But as long as i keep my nose clean for the 2 year period i should be ok to go back to a high street company.I cant wait to get stuck into Gmac they made my life a misery for the past 10 months.:wink:

Hi Sutee50.

I went thorugh a broker who has put me with another adverse lender call victoria.But as long as i keep my nose clean for the 2 year period i should be ok to go back to a high street company.I cant wait to get stuck into Gmac they made my life a misery for the past 10 months.:wink:

Hi Sutee and Amanda

Good to hear from you girls. Unfortunately although we are against GMAC and Kensington our last mortgage was with Kensington and like you we had been threatened with repossession. My husband got made redundant and then things went from bad to worse I used to be a legal secreary for over 25 years but then had an injury to my spine which led to many operations and me finally having to become disabled and on benefits. Like you say these mortgage companies are b...........s we tried everything with Kensington asked them to extend the term etc but they just kept moving the goal posts and the repayments they wanted to catch up on the arrears was just not possible. We eventually sold last October before they reposessed us! and then we were 5 months short of the term so they charged us ERC!! We had done such a lot to our home it was awful, but hey we were rehoused by a Housing Association who we approached because we had relatives in Norfolk and we now have a lovely two bedroomed bungalow in a village in Norfolk and thanks to all the help we have received from this site we are now going to have carpets etc courtesy of the Abbey!! Good luck to everyone out there I am sure we can turn this around and all come out winners in the end.

Catherine Bear

xxxxxx:)

• 1 month later...

Hi one and all

Sorry I have been out of touch for a while but have been ill. We are about to start mcol against Kensington and GMAC. However, we have two claims against each one for the excesive charges they made and secondly for the ERC. Any advice on how you would go about it would you do the charges first then the ERC? Would welcome any help out there.

Catherine Bear

xx

Hi Catherine, sorry to hear about your troubles; it's a shame when misfortune happens and the support you expect is not forthcoming. Me and hubby have been there, we used to accept what was given to us rather than fight back, morally or otherwise.

I personally didn't claim back charges as my ERC claim is over £5k and I'll be happy getting that back. Others are doing both - 1 company, 1 claim. Bear (no pun intended!) in mind if you do it seperately, each one could drag on for months.

All the best.

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

I personally would do 2 seperate claims - as the defences are quite different and are the payouts os far. But entirely up to you, nothing wrong with either way. if you are doing seperate then the smallest one seems to be the quickest payout. have a look for Nathal v mOrtgage Express

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

As you will see have not written on this thread for some time now (had a road accident which didn't help as I have spine problems as well). We have decided to try and claim back the charges that these two made against us GMAC is about £1700 and Kensington £3000. We were charged ERC by both but in view of the present climate have decided to hold fire on these unless someone finds another way we can go forward.

Good luck to everyone.

Catherine

xx:-|