Welcome Finance PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice about my Welcome finance PPI claim.

2 months ago I sent the first letter to welcome asking for my money back that I had paid for PPI - I sent this special delivery to the head office address but received no reply even though this had been signed for.

Since then I have sent the second letter, again by special delivery to the head office address saying that if I do not hear back within 14 days I will refer my claim to the financial ombudsman.

It has now been 14 days and I still haven't received a reply even though the letter was signed for on 30/10.

Would you recommend that I now go to the ombudsman or should I give them a bit longer to reply?

Has anyone else tried to contact welcome and received no reply or do they just take a while to write back?

Any advice would be much appreciated! :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account Claim £441

Statements Received 11/08/2006

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

Standard letter Received 29/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

Offer Received 20/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Settled in full :) 07/10/2006

LLoyds Current Account Claim £773.27 inc interest

Statements Received 21/08/2006 Only half received :evil:

Prelim Sent

Barclays Current Account Claim £717.71 inc interest

Statements Received End of Aug postage not paid - lol

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Offer Received and Rejected 04/10/2006

Will be taking on Welcome Finance and Southern Pacific Mortgages Soon. :-x

hi mark and welcome

take it from me

welcome will ignore you, its corporate policy

the only way you deal with these sharks is by official documents

where did you send your request to, was it a local office

ill post a few links so you will get the idea

believe me

you face an uphill battle, but not impossible

was this car or a loan you had from these sharks

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

It was a £12,000 personal secured loan which has now been settled in full.

I sent the letter to the head office address (Ruddington Lane, Nottingham), it's good to hear that other people have had similar problems though - at least I know it's nothing personal!

I have dealt with welcome over the phone and I have written a few letters to them in the past when I had the loan and I know that they are a nasty bunch!

Thanks again

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

you are talking to the number one welcome hater

these people have caused so much misery and i am proud to give them hell

with your ppi claim, there a a few important questions to ask

the only way you will get this info, if at all, as welcome so far have been very shy in releasing is in an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

ill post the questions later

good hunting

myself and another cagger dipply are eager to get the answers to these questions

hi mark

you need to send welcome an sar request

it needs to go to the nottingham address

let me know if you dont have it and ill post it on your thread

in the sar request you need to put in the following info for them to disclose

who addministers the ppi policy they will say direct group

who underwrites the policy they will say norwich union, they will never of herd of you, i bet

this is most important, enclose this

Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me, including correspondence to the underwriter of any insurance policies and details of the relevant Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) payable on any single premium policies. Please ensure this includes how much tax was payable, who payment was made to and the date of this payment.

tell them that if they omitt this data, a report will be sent to the ico for compliance and that they have forty days to comply

if you can send by special delievery or at least recorded

there is a reason for asking these questions as me and dipply believe the whole insurance racket welcome sell is corupt

use this sar and dont forget to include the comments above

good hunting

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

print but don't sign your name

Hi

So should I just forget about the letters I have sent already and just send this S.A.R letter?

I have the original agreement from welcome and a copy of my account statement already.

The loan was brokered through HFS loans to welcome finance and my agreement was with them.

Full Story

Ok, where do I start with this one as it will probably go on for a bit.

I am really angry with welcome finance, what they have done to myself and my girlfriend is despicable!!

If anyone can be bothered reading on please do so and any advice would be greatly received.

I know other people have had issues with these robotic turds and I decided to start my own post because my case seems a little different.

Ok, basically on February 2004 myself and my partner took out a secured loan with welcome finance for £12000 secured on our property to pay off debt etc as we had no other choice and HFC Loans brokered us onto them.

My plan was to pay the loan for 2 years and when I sell my home I could pay the loan off.

The payments were £243 per month and I could afford this until I could settle the loan.

Now everything was going accourding to plan until June 2004 when my partner was made redundant from her job and we could no longer afford the monthly payments, we checked the loan details and found that we did have Payment Protection ”Which we never [edited] asked for!!” and called welcome finance to make a claim, they advised us that we could not claim unless we were claiming jobseekers allowance and they would send us a claim form out which never happened.

Bare with me :-)

A couple of missed payments later and frantically trying to get money together to meet the monthly payments I agreed to pay half payments each month by debit card until I got back on track and could settle the damn thing as they were not helpful in anyway.

I was tied into a 2 year deal on my mortgage so I would get a penalty if I tried to pay it of at this point so had to wait it out until March 06 to re mortgage and clear this bl**dy loan.

The time came and I asked welcome for a Settlement Statement and they sent me one and wanted £17,871.90 at which point I nearly lost it. How [edited] can a £12000 loan over 2 years come to this and I have already paid payments of £4889.28. I asked them why the hell is it this high and they said the 4 payments I missed totaling £900+ had been accruing interest and that’s why is was so high! I looked at my statement for the entire term and the PPI was £2800 and was added at the start of the loan and also something called Disbursal of fees was £1555. So my £12000 loan actually was £16300 [edited]. :evil: :evil:

We tried to offer £13500 as settlement but they had us over a barrel with the charge on the house so I had no choice but to settle when we re mortgaged to get rid of it.

I promised myself I would try and do something about it when I had finished claiming my bank charges, and now is the time to get started with this dirty finance company if I can.

So in summary I borrowed £12000 over a two year period and ended up paying them back around £23000 in total :evil: . I just need advice as to what angle I should take on trying to claim back the PPI as they never paid the 4 missed payments and surely if they charged my £2800 for it they should have paid the monthly payments and we wouldn’t have got into this mess and we never asked for the PPI either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated with this one

Thanks

Mark

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

S.A.R Letter sent off today Special Delivery. £4.50 :eek: they keep costing money even though I don't have an agreement with them anymore. :mad:

Counting the days, will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Mark :)

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

by what regulation does it state you have to claim job seekers to get ppi

The one that's very clearly read out to you prior to purchase, and in the documentation that you are clearly advised to read prior to signing the credit agreement?

I have read this out about 40 times today so I should know.

And if you sign in a branch, the only words usually heard about PPI are simply - you cannot get the loan without it.

And you can only read the documentation if you ever receive it. Even sending in SAR's or simply asking for it doesn't seem to make this documentation appear for most folk......again, in the branches.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

The one that's very clearly read out to you prior to purchase, and in the documentation that you are clearly advised to read prior to signing the credit agreement?

I have read this out about 40 times today so I should know.

You are telling porkies! I took out a Welcome loan and used the option of a "bargain" reloan from you guys and not once was I informed about job seekers etc etc my OH was not even employed when they signed up the PPI!!! Maybe you say it to your customers but what about the rest of the village idiots that work for your firm! Commision hungry thieves :lol:

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

question for welcome sales

ref job seekers and ppi

may i ask who states thoes regs

is it welcome or the insurance compay/underwriter

as i understand it you say you are only brokers acting on behalf of an insurance company

so why are those clauses in there

could it be the insurance con is in fact all in house

funny as you state the insurance is undewritten by norwich union

funny that they have never herd of you

welcome you days are numbered

i wont even go into the insurance premium tax

hmrc are getting a nice file from me

and fsa, oft

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I have now finally received the compliance information, as postggj predicted I cannot find anything on it relating to the insurance only the original credit agreement which it was written on.

I have also received a bunch of letters stating what payments i made to the account and a full list of telephone conversions with them and that’s it.

Some of the telephone conversations below are hilarious, the most unprofessional company I have dealt with

Quote: “cm has been made redundant she attempted to mk a claim on PPI but they told her she must go on the dole”

Quote: “Asked customer about arrears on loan, he advised that he is still struggling to pay these, asked if he would be interested in D4@L.”

There are loads more too, it’s makes for angry reading

Any guidance on the next steps I need to take? :)

Edited by markl

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Hi

Sorry the keep pestering but does anyone know the next steps I need to take.

Thanks

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

its time tp get tough with welcome

send this letter below

tell them again that you require all info ref the insurance

check post 5

send recorded delievery

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

Sorry, I just realised that didn't make sense. Been a long day.

What I meant was... if, as I gather is the case, Direct Group administer the insurances, and not Welcome, why are you asking Welcome for information about insurances, and not Direct Group...? That would seem to make far more sense...

its time tp get tough with welcome

send this letter below

tell them again that you require all info ref the insurance

check post 5

send recorded delievery

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

If Welcome don't provide the insurance then it's not really surprising that they didn't provide any insurance about it, is it...?

Did you think about maybe asking the insurance company...?

Welcome provided me with next to no information of who the company was who looked after my insurance at the time. From memory I remember a name called Direct Group I think but can't be sure! Postggj - What am I looking for them to include in the Subject Access Request regarding insurance so I can double check that they have not included it before sending the second letter.

As I said in my previous post all they sent to me in the sars was a bunch of statements, letters and Telephone conversations and the signed copy of the credit agreement

Edited by markl
spelling

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

hello ghostdog (welcome) long time no see

mark

welcome are very worried over this matter ref the insurance

there empire is just about to come crashing down

as stated before, direct group and welcome have a nice cosy relationship to screw the consumer

one of the reasons also that welcome are keeping very quiet is that welcome will have to show it paid pennies for the insurance, if any, and charged the consumer a fortune.

message for ghost dog

welcome sold this insurance so it is down to them to show all details on it

mark, include details in post 5

to cover your self, send a letter to direct group, ask for this info, dont worry about an sar, just a normal letter by recorded delievery

hello ghostdog (welcome) long time no see

mark

welcome are very worried over this matter ref the insurance

there empire is just about to come crashing down

as stated before, direct group and welcome have a nice cosy relationship to screw the consumer

one of the reasons also that welcome are keeping very quiet is that welcome will have to show it paid pennies for the insurance, if any, and charged the consumer a fortune.

message for ghost dog

welcome sold this insurance so it is down to them to show all details on it

mark, include details in post 5

to cover your self, send a letter to direct group, ask for this info, dont worry about an Subject Access Request, just a normal letter by recorded delievery

Ok thanks for the advice Postggj, I will get both letters sent off asap.

Will update when I receive any correspondence. :)

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Posted LBA today recorded.

7 days to go :)

Merry christmas welcome :D

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Hi everyone

I have recieved a letter from welcome finance.

Letter extracts

"I enclose the credit agreement signed by you at the time of taking the secured load agreement. This shows the insurance purchased, namely payment protection insurance (PPI) and the fact it is optional."

"At the time of inception of this agreement, Direct Group Ltd, the administrators of the insurance policy, would have sent a Policy schedule and additional information to you." This never happened and I'm sure I never heard from these

"I would like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to the fact that the credit agreement XXXXX was executed correctly on XXXX 2004. In view of the date on which this agreement was executed, I would like to make reference to the compulsory legislation we have complied with at the time in question"

The letter goes on to say some stuff about the consumer credit act.

"On 27th February 2003, Welcome Finance Service Ltd became a member of the voluntary code of conduct know as the General Insurance standards council (GISC) etc etc"

"Welcome finance have been authorised to advise and arrange insurance products by the FSA" Yikes!!

"You have alleged mis-selling may have occurred. This would involve the sale of a policy or policies that was/were not relevant to the person insured, or on which they were unable to claim. Based on our Knowledge of the legislation in force at the time of your application, no prescriptive advice and recommendation process existed within the industy of the nature that now exists. As such, the principles you seek to rely on did not exist at the time of application. As a result, I am unable to concur that mis-selling took place"

So I take it from this paragraph they are saying that when the policy was taken the new legislation was not in force so that makes it ok to mis-sell PPI to me

"In your letter you have stated that you have paid a single premium policy and did not see your loan through to the end as you paid your loan early.

After reviewing your records, I can see that you recieved a PPI rebate of £634 on XXX 2006. This figure was deducted from your settlement figure that you had to pay."

This is a load of nonsense in my opinion, I still cannot get my head around this calculation to this day I hope someone can enlighten me(see orginal post for details)

"Should you remain dissatisfied with our final response, you can escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman"

"If you should decide to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman

Service (FOS), should the sale of this policy have occurred prior to our registration with the GISC or FSA, we would request your complaint to be dismissed under the FOS rule DISP 3.3.1 (3) R based on the information given above"

This letter has made me even more determined to expose this orginisation, even if don't get any money back for my mis-sold PPI, I would like other potential victims to be aware of what they are capable of. :-|

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

hi mark

again welcome refuse to answer my questions in post 5

if i were you send welcome a letter thanking them for there response, enclose a copy, and say

WILL YOU MUPPETS ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AS IN POST 5

IN VIEW OF THIS I AM PREPARED TO DELAY MY LETTER BEFORE ACTION BY 14 DAYS

FOR YOUR REFERENCE

ALL CORRESPONDENTS WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY PERTICULERS OF CLAIM