• Tweets

• she and  johnson need to be kicked off the taxpayers credit card - for starters I'm certain there is cause - taking up 'jobs' when they shouldn't, bringing the nation into disrepute with their antics .. I'm sure it would be a very popular act from a new labour guv
    • Please have a look at this draft letter. It is modelled on yours but I have cut out a load of the unnecessary information. Also, the responsibility lies with the finance company because the vehicle was brought on hire purchase. You send it to them and a copy to big motoring world.   Let us know if there's anything that you disagree with, which is wrong, which you think should be added
    • According to Alastair Campbell on Twitter, anti-Le Pen parties are pointing to RN's fiscal policies and saying they'll cause a 'Truss-style market meltdown'. Liz Truss charged taxpayers for Amazon Prime subscription - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK The subscription costing £95 gives the ex-PM free shipping from the retail giant, as well as the ability to stream films and TV shows such as My Fault...  
    • Thank-you @BankFodder, your statement is a correct understanding of my position and I agree, it is actually really what I was looking for in starting this thread, as I too believed that the maximum I could claim for is that which I sold it for, even though this was substantially below market value at the time. And so, this sold value is what I shall be claiming for + the other expenses. @dx100uk I get your point, but this is just not what I want to expose myself to. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones to have my details stolen in the Peoples Energy hack, and in 2020 I discovered that those details had been used to take out car insurance, and that the insured was then involved in a collision and my details were dragged through the mud. Despite Aviva cancelling the claim and treating as though it never were, even though I have the letters from them to say that they have removed this claim from the insurance database, I still get refused insurance and credit products to this day until I send across the letter from Aviva which explains that I was a victim of fraud. So you'll forgive me for not jumping up and uploading my data to a server utility for which I have no control over its retention policy, or where the server is located globally, its legal jurisdiction, or its security protocols.
    • Speeding (Revised 2017) – Sentencing (sentencingcouncil.org.uk)  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCJ court claim form received

jodenice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jodenice

Ok you have received the N149 AQ SCT.This is quite simple to complete and I will run through this with you next week.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

OK I've bought the form to work with me today.

We also received a 'General Form of Judgement or Order' Form.

It says that the claimant must file at court all the things we asked for earlier (loan agreement, default notice etc)

It says that an allocation / case management conference is listed to be heard before a district judge in April and is estimated to be 30 minutes. Is this for us to go to? As there is no way that my boyfriend will make this (he works shifts in London and that day he has to be at work by 5am!)

Hi

What has happened here is perfectly normal. The claim has been defended so it has been transferred to your local court and your local court is now arranging to make some directions for the future conduct of the case.

This is where the AQ comes in. It's a bunch of questions the answers to which will help the court manage the case.

The AQ you have received can be completed by downloading Form N149 as a pdf and completing it in type, changing it around and only printing it when you're satisfied.

Here's what to say beginning first with the title and then on to Sections A, B etc in alphabetical order. You should also read the notes on page 4 and Form N512. Print this post off to help.

State:

The title

Your name

You're the Defendant

The name of the court

The claim number (found on the Claim Form you got)

The last date for filing (found on the paper AQ you were sent)

A

Tick 'Yes'

B

Tick 'No'

C

Tick 'Yes'

D

Answer 'One' (that'll be you)

E

Tick 'No' and ignore the remainder of section E

F

If you are going to be unable to attend a hearing at any time between say 1 October and 31 January, tick 'Yes' and identify those dates in the box adjacent to 'Yourself', otherwise tick 'No'

G

Say 'The Particulars of Claim provided by the Claimant are inadequate in order to fully appreciate the case I have to meet, in particular the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest. By a letter dated ( ) I asked the Claimant to provide proper particualrs of the claim. A copy of the letter is attached. I have received no answer to my letter.

I propose the following directions:

1 Unless the Claimant shall have by (date) filed and served upon the Defendant fully particularised Particulars of Claim comprising but not limited to particulars of the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty without further order to apply to this court for judgment and for costs on the standard basis to be subject to detailed assessmwent proceedings if not agreed.

2 In the event of compliance with paragraph 1 of this order this case shall be allocated to the small claims track and there shall be a stay of proceedings until (date) to enable the parties to settle using the small claims mediation service'

H

Tick 'No'

I

Sign, date and fill in your address at which you want documents about the case to be delivered.

Then return it to the court and wait a few weeks whilst it gets in front of a Judge who will decide whether to manage the case in the way you / I propose or by some other way.

Regards

Andy;)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

OK this all looks good and I shall bring in the password tomorrow and do it online.

Couple of questions (fairly inane ones but I've never let that stop me in the past!)

Firstly - D - says how many witnesses 'other than yourself'. So do I put zero rather than one - or is that one actually for me to go with him?

Secondly - I'm really worried about the court dates thing. He works shifts - I cannot write down the entire years shifts in the box. I want to somehow indicate that he is in shift work without writing down all the dates. (in some cases he would be available in the afternoon and not in the morning and vice versa). He sometimes starts work at 2am or gets home at 2am. I guess if we knew far enough in advance he could tryto swap his shifts.

Thirdly - G - There have been quite a few letters! One says thank you for sending the default notice and copy of the CCA however you did not furnish me with the details of charges applied to the account - is this the one? Or the original default & CCA request letter. Or everything!

Lastly - At what point would I point out that they have filled in their court form wrongly (particulars of claim amounts don't match amount requested).

OK this all looks good and I shall bring in the password tomorrow and do it online.You dont do the AQ on line its sent to your Local CC

Couple of questions (fairly inane ones but I've never let that stop me in the past!)

Firstly - D - says how many witnesses 'other than yourself'. So do I put zero rather than one - or is that one actually for me to go with him?Yes

Secondly - I'm really worried about the court dates thing. He works shifts - I cannot write down the entire years shifts in the box. I want to somehow indicate that he is in shift work without writing down all the dates. (in some cases he would be available in the afternoon and not in the morning and vice versa). He sometimes starts work at 2am or gets home at 2am. I guess if we knew far enough in advance he could tryto swap his shifts. cant advise

Thirdly - G - There have been quite a few letters! One says thank you for sending the default notice and copy of the CCA however you did not furnish me with the details of charges applied to the account - is this the one? Or the original default & CCA request letter. Or everything!Everything/anything not furnished

Lastly - At what point would I point out that they have filled in their court form wrongly (particulars of claim amounts don't match amount requested).

Dont mention it yet unless it actually gets to Court

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

OK I've bought the form to work with me today.

We also received a 'General Form of Judgement or Order' Form.

It says that the claimant must file at court all the things we asked for earlier (loan agreement, default notice etc) By what date?

It says that an allocation / case management conference is listed to be heard before a district judge in April and is estimated to be 30 minutes. Is this for us to go to? As there is no way that my boyfriend will make this (he works shifts in London and that day he has to be at work by 5am!)

If they fail to do the above and ignore the order you can they apply to have the case struck out.More on this later

Andy

Firstly - D - says how many witnesses 'other than yourself'. So do I put zero rather than one - or is that one actually for me to go with him?Yes

Yes to which one?!?

Re General form of judgement - says 14 days of the 'service of this order' and the date on it is 15th January.

Re downloading - OK I shall do it now then.

Yes to which one?!? yes zero

Re General form of judgement - says 14 days of the 'service of this order' and the date on it is 15th January. Ok wll advise later on this

Re downloading - OK I shall do it now then.

yes you can fill it in manually but look far better done and printed off screen

andy

Its on the HMCS website make sure you open the N149 and not the N150

will try and find the link for you

Further DetailsTitleFormatN149

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

right I'm doing it now. With regards to the correspondence sent to them - don't include the stuff sent back in the beginning of August when they were harassing him for voluntary charge orders, where he explained that he was on a DMP and that all money is shared between his creditors? Just stick to the legal stuff?

Yes Jodenice

Just stick to todate and yes fill in the dates to suite your case

andy

usually 1 month Jodenice

Regards

Andy

Cool, OK I've filled it in, dated it tomorrows date and will send it recorded in the morning.

~Thanks very much and I'll let you know what happens.

I know PGH - they have been fab. Hopefully if you read through you can see some of the mistakes I have made (sending the wrong letter out at the start :rolleyes: ) and avoid them!

Hi we received a letter this morning and its from Weightmans and its a copy of their allocation questionnaire sent 'by way of service upon us'. It says they wish to receive a copy of ours by return.

Their form says they want a one month stay. However they have refused mediation.

They have ticked that they agree to the small claims track but on the next page they have filled in the costs at £200 to date and an estimated £4500 overall costs. :( (it says don't fill this bit in if you have suggested your case is suitable for the small claims track so not sure what this is about).

Also says they are calling a witness, presumably HFC.

Not sure what to do?