Transferred landline to Tiscali, but BT still sending bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mum had been using Tiscali for Broadband for last couple of years & BT for the landline. As she can't pay by direct debit (she is on benefits) & was being stung by BT with £4.50 non-DD charges I suggested she take broadband, landline & TV from Tiscali for £15.99. Early August the TV was connected up & she was told she'd been transferred over. Her DD increased to the new amount & she paid her final bill to BT........

Three months later nice BIG bill arrives from BT (she thought she was getting free evening landline calls as per Tiscali deal), who deny that Tiscali has transferred the account. BT are getting very shirty about the fact she is late paying the bill & she has told Tiscali in no uncertain terms that they should be paying the BT bill as it is their cock-up. I shall be home at the weekend to check what documentary evidence she has from Tiscali. Where can she take it from here?

Any help is much appreciated.

could it be that tiscali only take over the calls, and the line rental is still to be paid to bt, if so, your mum should have called them to drop it to the lowest package, ie £11 a month. hope this helps

No, the whole reason for transferring to tiscali is that you pay line rental to them, which is cheaper than paying £11 to BT. Your line rental, free evening landline calls, cable TV & broadband should all cost £15.99. The only extra cost is calls.

The tiscali website is plastered with "just leave it all to us, we'll do everything, your move to us will be seamless, you won't need to change your number, you'll have one simple bill"

Paying both companies for one landline is not particularly seamless in my opinion!

Edited by apn8keh

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me, Tiscali started taking payment for the phone in May although because BT were playing silly buggers the line was temporarily inactive on my "go live" date. I sorted my dispute with BT in June and asked Tiscali to confirm that they were providing my phone service, which they did. They lied, I got a new bill from BT in September so I complained to Tiscali and finally they took on the phone. I have been trying since then to get a refund of what I paid for a service I was not receiving, plus the BT bill which I would not have had to pay if Tiscali had not messed up - surprise surprise they are procrastinating on this :(

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided