Debt letter- help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With my limited experience and being a newbie myself all I can say is becauxe thee was a gap between 1996 and 2004 where no payments were made makes the debt stat barred. Just because you have been paying since 2004 doesn't change that. The original DCA shouldn't have come after you but because you didn't know your rights then you obviously paid. Don't worry, you're not alone in that. I'm paying a debt without knowing if the DCA has a copy of my CCA.

does that make sense:)

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you fox this is the letter I am thinking of sending.. any comments appreciated!

I refer to the account number above regarding an account with yourselves, it is my belief that the debt you have purchased from Global Debt Recovery in the year 2008 is still statute barred, the reason for that is that I originally defaulted in 1996, and Global Debt Recovery bought the debt in approx 2004, this being the first course of action, thus making the debt statute barred within the “statutory six year period” in this case 1996- 2004

It is/was statute barred debt, before any payments were made to Global, under the limitations act it is your responsibility to provide evidence to the contrary.

Yours Faithfully

or

I refer to the account above it is my belief that the debt you have purchased from Global Debt Recovery, was and is statue barred.

The reason for this is due to a severe illness & loss of employment the M& S account defaulted in the period of approx 1995/1996.

The first course of action to reclaim monies was in the year 2004 by Global Debt Recovery, the original default account was 1996.

So even though payments have been made to the account within a 3- 4 year period (2004-2008 ), the first course of action being 2004 via Global, on a already statute barred debt.

Under the” limitations” act if you can provide evidence to the contrary, I would appreciate a copy within the next 10 days.

This might sound like a critiscism. It's not, but what has your health got to do with them. They don't need to know the background of the default. All they need to know is that you believe it to be statute barred and it's for them to prove otherwise. If you wish to include personal information then that is your choice.So of the two letters you've written, the first is the better choice in my opinion.

gosh I feel guilty now!!!!8)

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

hey thank you very much, you have just said exactly what my Mum has just said!.. I have been writing all afternoon, paper everywhere!!

and didn't know which one to send.. so thank you Fox, you are right they don't need a life history, guess I am trying to overcompensate .

I found a while ago that i needed to justify my actions and explain why i was doing this or that when all the people i was dealing with wanted action. It's human nature so don't worry about it.

MOST IMPORTANT. Don't let the ba*****s get you down:p

fox