• Tweets

• As the figures supposedly behind the poops flagship, international law breaking policy are shown to be .. fantasy "the department said the figures were “estimates” based on an “operational snapshot collected by the French authorities”, which had not been verified and “likely to be subject to a relatively high degree of measurement error”."   Home Office stops publishing blocked small boat crossings after less than a week INEWS.CO.UK The department had previously admitted the figures were 'unverified' and likely to be erroneous  
    • Earth's Warmest April Is 11th Straight Record | Weather.com WEATHER.COM The beat goes on. Here's what the data from April showed. - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com   Globe's Warmest April Is 11th Straight Record Month, Preliminary Data Shows   and we aren't even sure whether the sun has passed its peak yet
    • This would look promising .. if it wasn't OAZ doing it ... Now I had the O/AZ vaccine in the early days - but as detailed here, only because it was my only vaccine option - other than not get vaccinated which would be stupid.   New vaccine could protect against coronaviruses which have yet to emerge WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Researchers are developing a vaccine that will protect us against the next coronavirus pandemic  
    • I was pressured to buy an extended vehicle warranty i didn't need but cancelled it a day later and V12sportsandclassics are refusing to refund my £800 though I have a confirmation e-mail of the cancellation from them it's been a little over a month now,have e-mailed them many many times but nothing as of yet.
    • Well, who would have thought that UK politics could have sunk any lower than johnson V corbyn, but its so bad that Cameron is our shining light and outstanding statesman David Cameron: west has not learned lesson of Ukraine and must get tougher | David Cameron | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Foreign secretary will say too few states have stepped up to spend on defence, take on Iranian proxies or champion women’s rights   Really shows how far our nation has fallen since Camerons 'Fox paws referendum - shame labours potential rock stars are shadowed by starmer .. who clearly needs to follow Corbyn and johnson the liar into a the annals of a history page that lists how NOT to do it  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

willmurr6 V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all have just phoned halifax again today as still no word of my claim and am due to file in court today as they havent replied to my LBA got a right cheeky man on phone who told me i would just have to wait till they decide told him i was giving them a chance before going to court he asked what i was going to court for DAH told me not to bother as courts werent looking at them.Think they are under pressure with hardship claims,so will be taking papers to court tommorow.

hi all still nothing from halifax,but checked account online yesterday and they have increased my overdraft i was about 300 over my limit now have funds available not that i will be touching it,was wondering if they are going to make me an offer soon what does anyone think please.

hi all still no word from halifax started my claim in oct claiming hardship but have heard nothing,have been phoning about every 3 days they say it is with accessors but that was about 3weeks ago thought hardship claims were dealt with quickley.keep up the good work

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,firstly hope everyone had a nice xmas.Received a letter from halifax this morning regarding my claim on hardship grounds they have refused and are saying they will cancel all charges from 3 months from date of this letter which is no good to me as i wont have any charges as my account is frozen.I phoned them up and they said this is what is happening with all hardship claims from now on,has anyone else received this.Said i can take it to FOS what does anyone think of this or should i just proceed with taking it to court i live in Scotland.Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance

Willmurr6

Hi Willmurr,

I hope you managed to have a good Chirstmas too.

The procedure with the FOS is this;

Call them and explain briefly your situ-they will allocate you a complaint number.You can ask them to write to the Bank ...within a couple of days you will get a complaints pack from the FOS.In the meantime the Bank must respond to you following the FOS letter to them.

The complaints pack should be filled in and sent back to the FOS with any proof or docs. If you already have had a final response from the bank you can return it right away with a copy.

If the bank have taken adverse action while you are disputing the account, such as selling on debts defaulting or closing accounts-then this is in breach of banking codes criteria and also OFT guidance-you should complain about this too.

Many Courts are refusing to lift stays making decisions without hearings-its better to apply on notice using N244 and requesting a hearing-there is a charge but free for those who are eligible under fee remission.

Its advisable to submit the detailed waiver agreement which can be found on the OFT website.

I would also inform the FOS if the banks are opposing your lift of stay after you have made them aware you will be citing hardship.

F.O.S Contact details.

0845 080 1800

(calls cost up to 4p a minute for BT customers – but are likely to cost more if you use another phone provider or call from a mobile)

020 7964 0500

(this number may be cheaper if you use a mobile phone or a phone provider other than BT – and will be "free" if you pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02

[email protected]

(we will usually be able to deal with phone queries on the spot – so phoning might be quicker than emailing us)

Financial Ombudsman Service

There you go !! :-)

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.