useless County Court Bailiffs-help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I obtained a CC judgement against a car dealer, when the CC Bailiff went with a Warrant, the car dealer said the business belonged to his wife, so bailiff did nothing.

2nd Warrant issued in trading name, this time car dealer said business stopped trading, (but date given was 3 months before I bought car). result nothing again.

The car dealer then vanished but I have managed to find him a again and because the orginal advert listed 2 company names and I traced one to the dealers wife. I am now asking the court to change the judgement to the wife and or Trading company.

My question is as there are about 80+ cars on for sale how do I get the CC bailiff to actually take at least one away and not just accept stupid comments and leave having collected no money or goods?

Can I use a private bailiff service (are they more effective) and if so can I claim any additional charges from the debtor. I have already spent about £1200 in solicitor's fees which I am told I cannot claim back.

Edited by awhhartley
typing error

having had a look further (as am about to try and recover monies owed to us by a customer on a county court judgement) I've come across this on the HMCS website..

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex345.pdf

It would appear from quickly looking at it, you can only use the Court bailiffs, unless you escalate the judgement through the High Courts. Have a look here as well..

Warrant of execution

Seems like you might be best speaking to the Courts.

nb I'm not an expert on this subject by any means, just got time on my hands cos the England match is so boring!

Edited by KJD
spelling!

£4K? - Simple, send a statutory demand (you can download this from HMCS forms site) to whoever is listed as the adjudged debtor. The beauty of this is that it is the debtor who must now act to save his skin. It is he who now has to run around or take the consequences. He has 18 days to challenge the notice in court, or to compound the debt to the court's satisfaction.

If he does neither - you can send a bankruptcy notice to him on the 22nd day.

Tends to sober them up pretty quickly and makes them focus on paying you above all else in their lives.