Please Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was parked on a single yellow line today(being a sunday) at 14:35 on a side street. My parking tickets states I was "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours" where and how can i find out if this ticket is lawful. As there were no signs giving times of parking anywhere, but also I thought you can park on a single yellow line on a sunday.

Single yellow lines should have a time plate to show the periods of operation in the street. Did you see one and if so what times/days does it state.

If there wasn't a time plate nearby I am sure our resident council ticket experts will be along shortly to offer further advise as to how legal the ticket is.

Quite a few areas have parking restrictions on a Sunday. Normally this is where Sunday is traditionally a normal working day for the area.

You need to establish if the street was in a Controlled Parking Zone. This is normally researchable via Council websites. If so, single yellow lines within the zone only need time plates if the restriction differs from the blanket times of the Zone.

The Zone must be signed at entry points only - all entry points but not all streets.

Still finding this forum a bit odd on the restriction of posting images because in all Council cases seeing the PCN is crucial. Also, preferably, pics of the location, road markings and signage.

Can you please just say which Council to start with.

-

So is it in a CPZ?

Have seen a Hounslow postal PCN recently and basically legally compliant - but have not seen the directly served version.

-

No signage anywhere or at the entrance to the zone? You shouldn't be able to get to the yellow line without passing some sort of sign, whether a time plate or a large CPZ blue and red diagnonal line sign.