DD Charges - Debt Collector chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if its just me, but everytime I use their 'telephone banking' service I seem to get put through to people who are EXTREMELY dense and unable to comprehend the most simplest of instructions. :mad:

I opened an account with Yorkshire bank that was just a basic Ready Cash Account. I asked for some money to be transferred into another from my Ready Cash account and they managed to move it to the wrong account. :confused:

Then a load of Direct Debits bounced, even though I called the telephone line and gave them 2 days to cancel them, no one actually bothered and then I got a £35 charge per bounced DD.

I kicked up merry hell as by this time purchases I had charged to my card (because money I had thought was in my account a few days earlier to cover them now wasn't) started coming through and I got charged for being in overdraft on my account (which isn't meant to have an overdraft facility on it). This went on for a number of months and although I managed to get about £70 worth of charges refunded back on as the failed cancellation of DD's was their fault, they have now referred the orginal outstanding balance of £154 to a debt collector who is now chasing me for £214.

I have explained to the bank as I have an IVA and this all happened after the IVA was agreed, that I have no extra money available to pay them back, but neither the bank (with whom I still have an account through which about £50k per year is paid into and out of) nor the debt collection agency are willing to listen and I am being threatened with court action unless I pay!!

My IVA company can't help as this debt isn't in the agreement and my bank manager has refused to help me in any way. :-x