Please help, home visit (part 2)

jigglypuff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyfriend got a letter a few weeks ago to say that the council were going to go to his house to visit and to have certain documents ready for them to photocopy. Why would they need to do this? They've also included a couple of paragraphs about benefit fraud and how the law changed in 2005 and couple now had to declare when they were living together. My boyfriend suffers from depression and I'm there sometimes for dinner as he goes days without eating. This whole situation has made his depression worse and he's spend the last week not eating and worried that they'll make him homeless etc. what would be the reason for them needing to visit him at home?

I posted this yesterday, and thank you everyone for the reply. They put him through all the stress and in the end didnt even turn up, which makes him more messed up wondering what it's all about, great eh!

My boyfriend got a letter a few weeks ago to say that the council were going to go to his house to visit and to have certain documents ready for them to photocopy. Why would they need to do this? They've also included a couple of paragraphs about benefit fraud and how the law changed in 2005 and couple now had to declare when they were living together. My boyfriend suffers from depression and I'm there sometimes for dinner as he goes days without eating. This whole situation has made his depression worse and he's spend the last week not eating and worried that they'll make him homeless etc. what would be the reason for them needing to visit him at home?

I posted this yesterday, and thank you everyone for the reply. They put him through all the stress and in the end didnt even turn up, which makes him more messed up wondering what it's all about, great eh!

So what would be the best course of action. I do not live with him, all my things i.e. bank statements, bills, etc are registered to my parents (where i live). But obviously they've been notified of something they want to investigate. I am there rather alot as he doesnt eat sometimes so we eat together, and he also gets very withdrawn, i dont want him to get into any trouble but i also dont want his condition to get worse, any advice?

Be honest with them when they come and say that you don't live with him but you do spend time there to make sure he is okay. If you honestly don't live together then you're not doing anything wrong.

Does your boyfriend have any help from any local mental health service? If so, they could possibly be there when they come also. If not, see his doctor immediately about getting referred to them.