Two tier annual leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me whether I should have been informed at the job offer stage about the organisation operating a two tier annual leave system? 50% of employees receiving 29days A/L whilst people starting after a certain date in time receive 20 days A/L. I only discovered this after 10 months of employment, and then quite by accident whilst carrying out my duties. (the information was buried and never mentioned in the relevent section of the employee handbook) They did admit that perhaps this was a mistake. Now, after 16 months of employment with this women's organisation, and speaking up at the moral injustice of such a wide gap in A/L the newer employees now receive 23 days A/L. However, due to this and other incidents I'm still finding myself unable to trust my employers. Is there a legal requirement for employers to disclose this information at the job offer stage? It would have been so much better to have been given the opportunity to have made an informed choice then on whether to accept the position, than be experiencing the misery it's causing me now.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I expect A/L entitlement was in your contract, it does seem unfair however its not uncommon.

Is there a legal requirement for employers to disclose this information at the job offer stage?

No there is not.

If an employer wants to give some workers more leave than others then provided this is not bassed on any potential discrim factors (Age, sexual orientation, race, sex etc) then this is perfectly legal.

Although I will point out that stat min for 5 day worker is 4.8 weeks per year (24 days) thus 23 days could be too low it would depend if the 23 days was plus or including bank hols and how manty days the employee worked per week

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]