problem with landlord and compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i was wondering if anyone could halp me.5 1/2 years ago my nanna reported a problem with damp to her landlord and it has took 51/2 years for them t come out and finally sort it even though she has been on the phone and wrote to them numerous times.they finally sorted it out yesterday and as compensation for waitng over 5 years they gave her £30 to redecorate.she is 75 years old so isnt even capable of redecorating herself plus £30 would not cover the cost of redecorating a hallway and living room.does anyone know if she would be entitled to more than this as she has waited 5 1\2 years to finally get it done.any advice wold be great thanks

I have moved your thread to the landlord/tenant thread. You more get more advice regarding your situation here.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Private landlord, or HA/LA?

What type of tenancy agreement does she have?

What was the reason given for the timescale?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

it is a housing assosciation who she has been with for over 40 years.they hve not given her a reason for the delay in doing the work they are just expecting he to be grateful that it has been done

They must have said something when chased up about the work?

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

they never said anything as her letters were ignored and when she calle do speak to the man in charge he was never available to speak to her personally the workmen just turned up the other day with no notice and never said anything

I am going to be very cynical, and say no - as I do not beleive we are getting the full story here. I'm sorry, but I find it impossible to believe that in 5 and a half years, neither your nanna, nor any members of her family, have deemed it appropriate to attempt to escalate the matter.

If you genuinely havent, then an element(an element only) of blame has to lie at her/your shoulders, as it clearly has not been an important enough issue to actually push through, and this IMO means that compensation is not due.