connaunght stat demand set aside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,been to the court to have stat demand set aside,got a letter from the court saying the date to atend is the 15-08-08,in the mean time connaught have sent me a letter stateing that they will not be attending court,so they will pay their own costs and i pay my own costs,the thing is will the court know their not attending,do i still have to attend court to get it set aside or can they do it without me.thanks

So they keep saying they aren't attending. They obviously aren't expecting people to go and get their SDs set aside.

Aren't the courts getting sick of Connaught keep doing this???

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

Suggested Costs for Set Aside

Costs For Set Aside Application Case No xxx

xx Court xxx August 2008

Rate Claimed Litigant in Person rate of £9.25 / hour

Travelling Costs HMRC Approved Mileage Rate of 40p / mile

1) Time spent identifying and understanding relevant legislation.

Time spent identifying and understanding relevant case law.

Time spent preparing affidavit and skeleton argument.

18 hours £185.00

2) Time spent communicating with Respondant and swearing affadavit

2 hours £ 18.50

3) Loss of day’s wages for attending court on xxx April 2008 £xxxxx

4) Travelling costs for return journey to court 2 x XX miles £ xxxxx

Total £xxxxx

Notes

Before undertaking this myself I approached a solicitor to handle this. I was given an estimate of 3 to 6 hours at £170 an hour to prepare the Application (£510-£1020) plus extra for attending the court.

I respectfully request that the court give consideration to awarding these costs on the indemnity basis or, in the alternative, on the standard basis as I believe, in any case, that they have been proportionately and reasonably incurred and/or are of a proportionate and reasonable amount.

In support of this request, I would also like to refer the court’s attention to the authority of the High Court in the case of:-

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

In this case, Mr Justice Warren confirmed that it was usual for an indemnity award to be made:-

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner).

thanks to everyone,will post the result of the day in court so other people can learn from it,cos before i found this site a stat demand worried the life out of me.

Exactly the reason shysters like this send them out:mad: