BM mortgage arrears but not told

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Cagers

I have had a mortgage with BM for 18 months and my account has pretty much stayed up to date.

I have found another property to purchase on a buy to let but have initially been refused by the lender as they say my account went into arrears for 2 months 7 months ago.

In October, I explained that the company i was working for was having financial difficulties and could not pay me that month but would certainly pay me next month. I have known the directors of the company for many years so trusted them. I contacted BM and explained the situation, I was told that there would be no problem and I could make the payment the following month. The following month, the same thing happened and called BM, they said that as long as I pay next month it would be fine. The next month, the company pays me and I pay off my mortgage.

Having applied for this new buy to let mortgage the Lender has declined lending to me due to this 2 month arrears which was settled as promised the following month. The lender has said the only way they can give me a mortgage is if BM write a letter stating my account did not go into arrears, however BM say they cannot as my account DID go into arrears!

Is there anything I can do? Why did BM not tell me about the account going into arrears!

I sugest you as BM for a statement from Inception to todays date amke a note of the telephonr converdstion with |midshires get a letter fromyour employer to \back up your side of the story and submit to Mortgagees and see what happens