• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCA REQUEST TO MBNA my journey by Maz

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

im doing this thread to record my actions to get my cca from mbna

let the battle commence! my humour - nothing else

been advised to start a thread on each of my different creditors will title it the same as above but with the different creditor name so hope it helps others.

had already posted on other threads but will now copy here below

be right back maz

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maroondevo52 - wrote this below so i thought was a most brilliant article explaining exactly what the need and the use of the cca was and the legal implications surrounding it for having it from the creditor and not having it from them.

So will put this info on all my cca threads just so its a start to the understanding of the cca request.

Did click your scales Scott - thanks maz

Hi.

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested.

The debt remains unenforceable for as long as the creditor fails to produce the signed credit agreement – this means if they produce the agreement some months down the line, they are quite within their rights to enforce it. They do not need to take any further action to enforce the debt. A debtor cannot take any action against the creditor for failing to produce the signed credit agreement within the prescribed time, because that is up to the agencies that the offence has been reported to. Any sanctions that may be imposed are at the discretion of these agencies, and it is not a matter that the debtor can take to the civil court.

If a CCJ has already been entered against a debt, then there is no point in requesting the agreement under the CCA, if your intention is to argue that the debt is unenforceable, since the debt has already been enforced. You can however request a true copy of the original signed credit agreement if you wish to check original terms and conditions etc. If they do not supply it then your only recourse is to report them to the aforementioned agencies. It would be very difficult to prove that they didn’t have the agreement at the time judgment was entered.

It is imperative that you continue to pay any debt under the terms of a CCJ.

Issuing a court claim for non-compliance of a CCA request in all probability achieves nothing to benefit to the debtor, as a court claim is likely to spur a detailed search which could well end up with them producing a perfectly acceptable original signed agreement in court – which would result in the debtor losing the case, and being made liable for the creditor’s costs.

If after requesting a true copy of a signed credit agreement the creditor fails to produce it, it does not mean that the debt does not exist, because at the end of the day the debtor spent the money and therefore they owe it and need to pay it back The debtor may now however be in a good position to make a full and final offer to clear the debt.

Regards.

Scott.

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

icon1.gif Re: offering full and final and cca

i have to say a good question something ive been mulling over for a few weeks and now reading the answer that maroondevo52 gave above is excellent.

the penny has now dropped for me, as im doing my own dmp, CL Finance been given my debenhams debt and im paying them

all my other creditors have accepted my payment plan some with interest some without for 6 to 12 months.

I am now planning to

1.obtain the cca on all (they are all credit cards and store cards)

2. have the majority of the statements if not after checking will S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) each appropiate company

3. requst refund of charges if i get back can go against the debt

if i dont get the cca back will need to report them to the authorities

if i do get the cca then i know they can enforce the debt more seriously if i default on the monthly agreed payment

However, i guess then at this point i can offer each of the creditors a full and final settlement, each with a pro rata amount so each company get a fair amount of the share of the money i hope to have from a relative to clear all the debts. Sure ive seen a letter offering this and also to always await a written confirmation that if they accept the offer they also write on my credit files as Satisfied.

So i hope ive now understood this more clearly.

The only thing i can now think of going wrong what happens if say a few of the creditors dont accept the full and final settlement figure i give them and say a few do?

Should i just pay the ones that do only ? Then do i carry on with the ones that dont again the query is of those remaining if they have enforceable agreements again to ensure i dont default otherwise may be taken to court .

you wonderful people who have the knowledge thank you - to people like us who are still learning you make it all sound so simple and give us confidence

any help offered i will alway gladly accept,

Ciao for now MAZ

hello all

looking back at my paperwork now that it is in order, in april/may i had tremendous problems with mbna as they were just ignoring me and getting rma and nco chasing me for payment whilst id already sent mbna my initial letter to accept my pro rata payments, so i found my notes id sent them a harrasment letter, also only to contact me via letter no more phonecalls, managed to get them to delete my work number too. However, also now recall that i did send them a request or it may have been to rma and nco for my credit agreement,

Unfortunately, my pc crashed lost all my files and i had stored each letter i have ever done in each folder on the pc, now all gone. ( i know, now have all my letters stored also on a computer stick - lol)

So i chased up mbna last week, as now im on a plan for 12 months no interest or charges and to update them if my circumstances improve, hoping to go back to work in the next month you see.

i requested again the copies of my cca as i had already spoken to 2 different people about them in july when they finally set up my payment plans. She told me last week that copies had already been sent to me twice, never had them.

Today in the post got copies of MY RECENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS, as per my request!!!

NO NO NO this is a nightmare now.

so playing silly beggars i think. Well, as i have now searched my files and have found copies of my original letters requesting copy of the credit agreement.

1 letter to global vantedge and 1 letter to nco for 2 of the mbna cards.

My question is now should i just write to mbna advising them of my original requests as i sent the 1.00 postal order to the appropiate companies i wrote to ie global and nco. Informing them that i require the correct legal paperwork as requested within 7 days, or confirmation that they no longer hold the original copy of the credit agreement.

I know i can report them but my aim like i said is to see about full and final settlement figures -

what do you all think my next step is - thanks maz

hiya Hopeful1

come to sort out the rest of the creditors.

in reply to your post 5 - yes i do have charges on the mbna accounts, have collected all the statements and im guessing at the moment nearly 200.00 pounds on the main mbna account here. Should i request these in a seperate letter after ive sent the cca letter first?

Also, i will write a letter but now my dilema is because i wrote to global vantedge and nco europe directly who were acting on mbna behalf, and who had the 1.00 postal order payments, do i just send a reminder letter in my own words that i do require the copy of the original agreement and will allow them a further 7 days to provide me with this. Of course both my original letters to both nco europe and vantedge were sent in april and may 08. They have had ample time to obtain the agreements for me and who were acting on behalf of mbna. Mbna have had enough time also since my previous telephone conversation of last week and also beginning of july 08 to provide the information.

I think the letters i used were from this forum the initial request and then the reminder for request.

Still no cca has arrived.

is there another letter now to send after they have gone over the 12 plus the calandar month - these deadlines have expired.

I have agreed a plan of payments and they have stopped interest and charges, i do wish for the moment to continue with a goodwill gesture payments, however i wish to insist that they either provide the copy of the original cca and all documents or confirm they do not hold such documents any longer.

I then will want to offer a full and final settlement, of course with a much lower offer figure just to get them off my list if they actually confirm they dont hold the original copies.

sorry to have rambled, i feel i need to do something tonight to get me moving on this one first then it will help me with the others i need to tackle.

many thanks MAZ

Thank you so much Hopeful1

i am doing self managed dmp so yes im liasing directly with mbna,

i was thinking like you said about the cca first if they dont have the cca then a f & f would be low.

ive seen the letter on the above link - thank you, although ive paid last months payments and im not due to pay again until the 23 aug - by sending today recorded delivery they have more than 14 days to get back to me.

might wake them up by putting ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE right at the top of the letter lol

i guess though if they DO provide a full and enforseable cca, then we can relook at either a very low offer or request credit card charges back too

have a fun day ciao for now MAZ

Thank you Hopeful ive checked the links you gave in post 7 so will now i think best to send a fresh letter to mbna, as the other letters were sent to their monkeys rma and global and still never had any copies of the original cca's.

This way i know another 1.00 but will now fall within the law from the may 2008 date with the updated practice.

if they dont send within 14 days i now understand i can just report them to the tc.

however, is there now an updated letter for the cca including the new law ? i will now have a search

thanks maz

hello all,

im on a bit of mad learning curve on all this, have tried to see if i did have all my statements and got a few missing where i suspect lots of charges, thus ive come across another helpful site for us people and found a letter that ive amended slightly to cover the data/subject access and cca all in one, I know will have to pay 10.00 and 1.00 total 11.00 but i think will be worth it for all the info being held by each company.

So here is the letter below i intend to send out see what you all think

thanks

Data Protection Act Disclosure Request

Subject Access Request

Consumer Credit Act Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxx

In the first part under the Data Protection Act 1998:

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to the above account(s) held with you since it/ they was/were opened.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

For the avoidance of any and all doubt, I reiterate:

I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including any memo, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, internal and external emails; any other information held on any/all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included).

If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge, and the Term or Condition on which you rely upon to claim such a charge.

I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a copy of the original Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by X about myself.

You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act and that any failure to comply with this request will involve a complaint to the Information Commissioner Office.

You have 40 days in which to comply with this request.

In the second part under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

As per sections 77-79 of the above act, I hereby request a signed True Copy of the Original Executed Agreement for the above account number.

By law, you must comply with this request within 12 working days of having received it.

The statutory fee of £1.00 is required to be paid for this information, and I have enclosed a £1.00 Postal Order.

In responding to my request to supply a True Copy of the Original Executed Agreement, you must also provide any and all documents referred to in it. Where this may include Terms and Conditions as varied, I hereby specifically request a clearly readable and True Copy of the entire inception Terms and Conditions which form the original agreement, and all variations to them since.

Your obligations also extend to a signed statement of account.

I understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to neither enforce an agreement, increase any alleged indebtedness, nor disclose any information regarding me to any third part, until such time you fully comply with my request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

If you are unable to supply a True Copy of the Original Executed Agreement and all documents therein (and specifically the inception Terms and Conditions), I would be grateful if you would confirm this in your response within the 12 working days allowed.

This communication has been sent Recorded Delivery so I can ensure compliance on these issues within the legislative timeframes.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours Sincerely

NAME typed

CAPITAL LETTERS FULL NAME

Enc:

Postal Order for £1. 00. Specifically for CCA request and not to be credited to any account.

Postal Order for £10.00. Specifically for Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request and not to be credited to any account.

---------------------------------------------

see below for your files

((((Get your Postal Orders in advance AND a receipt. Before sending scan the postal order (front and back) with the receipt for proof. There's no harm in listing the PO number in the letter if you want to.)))))

hiya Hopeful1

yes thank you, i now feel i do understand more and everyone at the start does look to others for guidance but as you learn more and more, and take on board everyones advice, you get a feel for things and begin to feel far more confident.

So im just off to the post office get my postal orders then i can write my letter and tackle mbna first.

I will start my other threads as i complete each letter as i go along,

again much appreciated your guidance, im inspired by this all now so will update once i get any replies.

Ciao for now hope you had a good weeeknd and wish you a happy week

MAZ

hiya hopeful1

just before i go ive realised that i have 2 proper mbna credit card accounts, ie mbna, and mbna virgin, also have alliance and leicester but by mbna so in theory, i do need 3 seperate 1.00 postal orders for the cca but only 1 x 10.00 postal order for the Data Info

???

if you are still on quickly

ciao maz

hiya hopeful1

yes now thinking about it, i will do the main S.A.R letter to include the 3 accounts.

then a seperate letter for each account for the CCA requests

But will put all 4 seperate letters in the same envelope and send them recorded but will mark at the bottom of each letter the enc of each other letter and also mark the number of the Recorded delivery number signed for. I do hope it does make it very clear to them, as they are easily confused as previously sent me the current terms of conditions on each of my cca requests!!!

You are spot on, dont give them any room to wriggle out and marking it as clear and simple as possible. thank you

No worries, im still trying to get my head around all this, but once ive done this mbna one the others will be easier.

Thanks again have a fun day will log in later this pm

ciao for now MAZ

Good morning all

thanks for reading

LeDocteur - ive just seen your reply and i thank forgottenone for such a brilliant reply, thanks

it is for the very reasons given, although ive written print, infact just because im a bit of a rebel, ive changed my printed signature with the font just below Ariel on word document. So infact if anyone does try to use that ive got a valid point of evidence that no one can possibly sign as follows in the font given by word

My Signature

see above example

So if anyone fits that above font signature on any document ive got them licked and will show my true signature from my passport and my driving licence, Hope that makes sense, but as you learn stuff, you find you become more aware of your self preservation

My letters have gone Royal Mail recorded signed for 1st Class, and im now awaiting with bated breath, i really think ive caused them a bit of a headache and dont believe they will provide the documents

hope our info as helped you

ciao for now maz

Edited by maz1964

hello all,

well, its interesting now even more since my last post no 20, i have today received a reply from R Vernon - compliance dept from MBNA

requesting that "for security reasons we require you to provide a form of postive identification ( an example of acceptable identification would be a copy of a driving licence or passport WHICH INCLUDES YOUR SIGNATURE"

I put into capital letters the bit im more concerned about re signature

I know ive read elsewhere that they dont have to have this, even though they say statement information has been posted to my address a current postal address is not an adequant form of identification. blah blah, they require extra id from customers due to the amount of personal information mbna will be sending me.

So my question is guys,, i didnt think legallly they have to ask this im of course worried as my real signature was not put onto my letters to them i put my signature in a font style similar but not at all the same as my signature, therefore i really dont want to give them this info if they are not legally oblged to have and why should they have a copy of my passport or driving license details, isnt that my data and i feel i can protect it from them as only the government really should have access to it?

Can anyone advise pls? or show my any letters done and what outcome they have had in responding to this

many thanks i await with bated breath, as i think this is the start of an ugly fight, but im ready

ciao for now have a fun day will log in laters MAZ

hello all, im back again just thought of something before i log off, further to my post number 21

of course in the same envelope i requested copy of each of my mbna accounts for a copy of credit card agreeement and on these the law says they have to provide within 12 days - so in fact i guess i should wait for the them to perhaps default or send me thecopies of the cca FIRST before i send them a copy of my licence,

However, i still maintain, i m not happy with them having a copy of my personal details ie license or passport with my signature there,

so i will await on you experienced fellow cags to help me out on this,

sorry im all over the place today going to now pick up daughters exam results

ciao for now laters MAZ

hiya hopeful1

i thought you would reply thank you and yes i would love to send that letter from Paul, lol just cos!!! haha sorry my mad humour

however, back to reality must chose which fights i must win, as you replied on my afterthoughts post, i defo wont be sending my signature and will wait on the cca too, only asked for the data info because have a few missing statements

i think i might actually send my cca to other creditors first and then tackle the data request giving them either the chance to provide the cca within the time frames or default then i can give more info to the obumdsman if i have to take it there together with the trading standards, but that letter is fab from paul, knew id seen something now ive read it

yes thanks she did well, and she worked hard. Here she comes to do Makeup Artistry at the college, god help them, she is lively just to say the least !!!

will check in laters have a good eve ciao maz

hiya Bobogosing

just seen your post on my thread - it looks like you have been helped already so thats great, ive seen what hopeful1 has done and the info appears now on your thread so thanks hopeful1 for helping out

hope you get it all sorted, like you have been advised already you just need to keep calm and keep going, it will eventually make kind of sense the more you learn and take others advice, remember they have been there already and me , i will take any advice off anyone who has already experienced it, no matter how many o levels someone has, today, experience counts far more,

however, feel free to ask and if i can help in anyway i will, as others have helped me so far its the least i can do for others,

take care and thanks again hopeful1 - amazing support

ciao for now MAZ

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys,,,,as Arnie used to say "I'll be back!" lol

well no cca have landed on my mat,,, i posted the recorded delivery letter and i know they have had it as i included data letter too, which they have responded see earlier post on here,

so 12 working days up today.

Can wait until mondays post i guess just allow a few more days, but really im not hopeful.

So next point of attack is ,a reminder letter? or straight to trading standards

also as ive paid august payments showing goodwill last week, if i dont get the cca copies by the end of september, can i just stop paying them? i need to awake them somehow.... i guess what im really saying is if i did stop paying the plan payments set up, could this be seen as bad by the judge if i get to court, wouddnt it look better i contiune the payments ( i can make the payments no problems) and thus the judge can see im paying but do want to see a copy of my cca

too late in the night, im waffling, hope it makes sense, i will await on you wonderful people to help me out as usual

ta and have a fun weekend ciao for now MAZ

hiya Hopeful1 and everyone

ive not had any cca and my postman has just delivered my post,

Hopeful1 - ref my above post no 21 from their data controller, i think now that as i have put all my cca's requests all on seperate letters plus my data letter in the same envelope. It now appears to me until i send them the id document requested they will not be sending me anything.

in reply to your questions on post 31

as there are 3 seperate credit card accounts, all now on payment plans been accepted by mbna and have been paying the amounts every month since early 2008.

1. wanted to see the cca for each account so im satisfied that they cannot take court action.

2. as im due to go back to work and this was one of their conditions that i inform them when this is. (i understand that then at this point they would want a revised income and expenditure)

3.Charges have been applied but a calculated guess is only about 200.00 on each card, there are 3,

4. ideally would want to offer a full and final figure as full settlement and i understand that i would be in a better position to offer a much lower figure if they dont have a cca.

5. Being dealt with by mbna inhouse but of course they could decide to sell onto a dca and thus do we go round in circles again?

I apologise for my delay as i had wanted to scan the letter recieved as i cant remember where ive put it, too much going on at the mo, daughter college, me trying to get back to work, doctors, dss hassling me for a doctor medical, etc, , but will find it today -

So of course now do i inform them that they have breached the cca rules, or would the letter they have sent me now include they havent as they are waiting on my id, im not happy to send them copies of either my legal document of driver license or passport,

I would be happy to produce the license when they hand over the documents to me, i could suggest they deliver the documents to the local alliance and leicester branch and the manager can view my license before she gives me the paperwork, but not happy with them having my signature beforehand. I think there is a letter i could send, but how do i stand on the cca and the data info, treat as two seperate things>

sorry am a little backward today, i appreciate your concern and thanks for the posting to remind me on my email.

I await your advice thanks again, will log in later ciao for now MAZ

hiya all,

ive managed to now back online after daughter has hogged it since back from college, lol

many thanks for your input so far everyone,

ive ticked your scales, wink wink for your help,

so in reply, i have to let you know have had a call from someone who left me a message on my home ans machine,to call this person back on blah blah number, didnt declare who they were but im pretty sure mbna, they wont be doing that anymore, let me assure you - done a sneaky thing, no one can now ever ever leave me a message anymore lol

i like your thoughts citizenB, i have not yet sent that particular letter advising they dont need id, i think ive seen it somewhere here,

Should i now, and also could include the line "if you dont believe I am who I say I am, how come you are accepting money from me" :rolleyes:

due to the phone call received, i would rather respond in writing to them and again remind them to contact me in writing only.

Have already sent them a harrasement letter in the past.

((((Thinking also more paperwork held to show my paper flow of information requested and not received)))))

Also like you say Multay, i also think its a delay factor, and if you could get me that letter i could then put it into dispute, i wonder how fast the cca will arrive, to tell you all the truth, ive requested initially in may and finally again after talking to them on the telephone they only sent me CURRENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS, not the cca and i think that was just to shut me up in july. I now refuse to talk to them on the telephone.

So my cca request and data letters this time, ive get full records and now im a tenacious woman on the loose, and will not give up!

i have paid on time two of the 3 cards, but the a/l one due date is next week, i thought id give them the chance to get me the cca, as they havent, i could argue the line about the account now in dispute blah blah, or report them to trading standards.

im not sure of the next move as such, so will await your help thanks again

will have a wander about and come back in an hour ciao for now MAZ

Brilliant - thank you Multay

- will use this need to do for each cca? should i include all in the same envelope?

will be back in a hour as daughter wants pc - ta 4 now maz

hello everyone im back

i know, its like golddust this pc this evening, daughter will be getting the laptop onto wireless asap

i thank you all for the above letters and advice, so i agree will send out the letter for each cca and end with - enclosures with all 3 account numbers listed. All enclosed in one letter.

I will also do as a seperate letter and i think will post it seperate too, for the data info as given by Hopeful1 with Pauls letter and i will add the bit at the end about ""if you dont believe I am who I say I am, how come you are accepting money from me"

I like that it gives it a bit of punch, lol,,,,also i now agree bad idea taking any id to any branch even if after they give me info, they may not give me full info and i believe they would be that sneaky!

So get my letters off tomorrow first class, i posted on 18 Aug and now by tomorrow they are way past the 12 working days.

I did finally find the letter and the telephone number was theirs from the letter on my ans machine, not returning the call no way man!

now i dont know how to scan it for you to see, but i guess its a standard type letter so will use the letters you have kindly given to me to send tomorrow and see what next happens,

this is like a game of chess, your move now.........

Oh Bridezilla, i had to go off at the time you sent your post, but im glad the guys and gals on here have helped you and i see you have your own thread started now too, didnt mind at all, ive learnt something along the way tonight too, so good luck and i will check on you over time too, even to give you a little moral support and enjoy your holiday now okay?

my humble thanks to you all again for being such fantastic people i appreciate it

good night and will keep you all updated, ciao MAZ

Hiya Chalkitup,,,,

ive seen the full Data Protection Act 1998 Sections on

Data Protection Act 1998 (c. 29)

It does look like they have quoted you like you say

whereas in my letter they havent, they have basically said as follows:-

Thank you for your request to be provided with personal data perusuant to the Data Protection Act 1998

"Your request to be supplied with a copy of all information held by MBNA relating to yourself is being processed by our Compliance department. For security reasons we require you to provide a form of postive identification (an example of acceptable identification would be a copy of a driving licence or passport which includes your signature).

Although statement information has been sent to you at your address as stated in your letter, unfortunately a current postal address is not an adequate form of identification. Due to the amount of personal information MBNA will be sending in your subject access request, including bank details, security information, place of birth and dates of birth, we would require extra identification from our customers.

Upon receipt of the above, we will be happy to provide you with the information you require. Please note MBNA Europe Bank Ltd will provide the information to you within the 40 days allowed by the terms of the act"

Then it talks about the 3 credit agencies mbna use and to write to them for the files if i wished to view.

from the Compliance Department

Last night i appeared clear, now im not so sure , does my letter that ive received only is for the Data letter i sent and not the cca's??

Or have they put all my information request within this letter they have sent me?

I will want to add like ive said before about " If you don’t believe I am who I say I am, how come you are accepting money from me?"

Like you chalkitup, im now confused the wording i need to apply on the letters ive been given to send.

sorry guys, for asking again - for your clarification, will hold on the letter until later now

thanks

ciao for now maz

Edited by maz1964

Hiya all and thanks especially to CitizenB and Chalkitup for your latest posts

I totally agree CitizenB, i really think its a ruse for my signature, if it was standard proceedure to provide the SARS information to all their customers then both myself and Chalkitup would have received the same letter.

Therefore, my gut tells me take care here girl, they are after your signature!

So thank you for telephoning the ICO and getting that clarification for me and for others.

Also like Chalkitup has said, i could remind them also in the same letter that the 12 working days have passed and the accounts are in dispute.

will devise a letter tomorrow morning and post and see what you all think -

up early for the docs so off to bed now but appreciate your time everyone spent helping me this week.

ciao for now MAZ

hiya ladybird, thanks for your post, i can relate to all this being a learning curve, i guess every day we learn something new, i wanted to see and have copies of the cca reports to ensure they have the legal documents, and if not then i would stop paying until they provided it.

However, update everyone, lo and behold i get 2 of my cca details this morning for 2 of the mbna cards, it looks right with my signature and although not readable small print, i believe it is correct, can i ask for a better quality copy as really it does nothing for me with my eyesight??

Also, - my 3rd card account alliance and leicester, different story given,, they inform me that they are sorry they have not been able to send me a photocopy of the original for that account, but hope that i will find the enclosed copy clear to read and sufficient for my purposes.

It looks like current terms and conditions only and the copy of the latest statement in aug 08.

Anyone know why they cannot give me the cca copy? i remember opening the alliance and leicester current account and whether the credit card was given as part of the account opening i cant remember, or have they not done a correct thing and given me a credit card but didnt get me to sign a proper cca agreement?

Should i cca alliance and leicester instead? am confused.

Also, the letter i had for the data was only just for the data information, am awaiting on some visitors and will return this pm to post the letter i want to send for the data information

thanks for your help and posts everyone

see you laters ciao MAZ