• Tweets

• Hamster Bedding. Ignore.
    • Hi, below is a draft of the letter Address: Hugo Martin Director of Legal and Company Secretary EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri CAPITOL HOUSE, 1, CAPITOL CLOSE LEEDS LS27 0WH REQUEST OF CONTRACTS      Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing in regards to the ongoing small claims case ____. In your Defendant’s response you make reference to a pre-existing commercial agreement between yourselves and Packlink (2.7). In that, you claim to have a clause removing customers third party rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. I would like to request a copy of this contract and confirmation of the date on which the exclusion of third party rights term was included in it. If you refuse to provide this then I will be henceforth referring to that refusal in the claim, including to the Judge. I also notice that you have destroyed tracking information due to "lapse of time" in line with your data protection policy (2.12). Can you share where this data protection policy is disclosed to customers? I also ask you to forward you a copy of that data protectiono policy, and again if you refuse to provide this then I will be henceforth referring to that refusal in the claim, including to the Judge. Kind regards,
    • Firstly, thank you for filling in the sticky so quickly - we wish everyone who comes here would do that! You're in the clear.  MET don't know who the driver was.  They can use Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to transfer liability to the keeper if their bilge arrives within 14 days - they didn't send it out till 102 days after!!! So sit on your hands.  MET will come out with threat after threat but ultimately will do nothing. Have a read of other threads for this car park - we are having a tsunami of cases at the moment. Be sure to come back here though if they ever send you a Letter of Claim.  
    • Just received this letter from Lowell.  IMG_1032.pdf
    • I don't think you are misunderstanding. It seems something may have gone missing. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Loan from Tesco Incasso Applying For Charging Order / CLAIM NOW RECEIVED

Poppay2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The defence looks good, and it comes in at 7,873 characters.

You will have to forget about exhibits if you are submitting online. Just state that "a copy is available to be produced in court."

Numbering and order look spot on.

It doesn't matter if you submit the defence tomorrow or Friday, so long as it is still within the time limit. The important factor was to wait until the CPR request had gone into default.

SH

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi SH

Thanks for that, brilliant, I will fill in the blanks (dates etc) and amend the bit about exhibits etc and submit online by end of play tomorrow.

Many thanks again.

Will update as soon as I have one.

Have a good weekend

P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick update.

Recieved (on Saturday 7th Feb) letter from Northampton Court advising me they have recieved my defense and that they are sending it to Incasso.

Wait and see if Incasso have anything to say.

P.

• 1 month later...

Hi Scabhunter

I finally received something through the post today.

I have been notified that Cobbetts are now the acting solicitors and they have sent me a bundle of papers.

I'm a bit stressed and my adrenalin is pumping... lol. Trying to get the documents copied and uploaded, but its taking a while.

I may have to photograph them again as some are a bit blurry, probably due to my agitation, might be best if I do it when I have calmed down a bit.

One point ..... The CCA I received earlier shows a signature box with the date 26/*/** , their documentation says the loan started on 2/*/**, does this make any difference?

My thoughts are that it does not as it was a loan arranged via telephone and post, and that there would be a few days difference?

Anyway, I will try to get these docs uploaded asap, but I think that having spent a couple of hours on it already I am going to go away and have a cup of tea and wait till the adrenalin stops pumping.

I guess I now wait to hear from the court?

P.

Ok, whilst erasing any identifying details from these docs before uploading, I note that on one 'screen print' that the start date of the loan is '2/*/**'

In the documentation cobblers state that CCA issued is dated '2/*/**' taking another look at the CCA they sent me I can see NO date at all!.

The only date visible is on a separate sheet and its a date written in my handwriting beneath my signature.

This is probably not relevant, I'm probably clutching at straws.

OK, back to work....

P.

Edited by POPPAY

HELP!

I have just had court papers put through my letterbox, they were obviously delivered to the wrong address and the person who has had them has just put them through my door, today... Sunday.

I was supposed to fill out the Allocation Questionnaire and return it by Friday 13th of March!!!

What do I do now?

Oh my gosh does this mean that I will lose altogether!!!

P

Hi SH

Just looking at the CCA, I am sure that when I took out the loan the interest was 7% pa.

However on the CCA it says 10.8%.

On the docs received this weekend there is also a heading 'Router Account', I am sure that I read something about these accounts being inflated?

I could be mistaken.

regards

P.

Hi SH

I have just rung the court and was advised to submit the AQ as soon as I could, a note has been added to my claim that I rang to say I had not received it till late and that I will be submitting it shortly.

Are you able to help me to complete it?

I understand you may be busy helping others.

I dont really know what I should be putting into the AQ.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

P.

As regards "router accounts" RBS and cobbets look here...> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/11427-walton-rbos.html

from about the middle onwards

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi Davefirewalker

Many thanks for the info, I do recall reading about this some time last year.

Am currently going through it again.

I will be spending tonight in my loft looking for the original copy.

I have already searched the loft, but I admit not thoroughly, so back up there tonight.

I suspect what they have sent is not a copy of the original. As the signature box is on a piece of A4 paper on its own, it certainly does not look like part of a form!

Those screen prints also concern me as they could have been created at ANY time. I know this through working in IT.

P.

Dick Emery's thread shows identical set up of CCA as the one sent to me by RBS.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/138806-moorcroft-found-signed-credit.html#post1475530

pt2537 comments:

Hi there

after giving the agreement the once over, the APR is ok, well it falls in at 12.7% so 0.1 under

now it may be my eye sight cos i have been sat here for hours typing a law essay but the signature box doesnt look right to me, there is something not right and i believe that they may have cut and pasted it on to the document

i iwll have a look again in the morning but im not too happy with that, thats for sure

regards

paul

I am still looking for the original copy of the CCA

gh2008 states in another thread (to Dick Emery) regarding same set up of CCA

'For an agreement to be enforceable, it must contain, within a single document, all the prescribed term and the debtor's signature. There is case law to back this up'

Personally I cannot see any link between these two seemingly separate documents.

The numbered paragraphs do not continue in sequence, there is no 'see over' or continued on next page.

However it could be an A3 document - I doubt it though'

about cca set up that is identical to the one I have received thread link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/138806-moorcroft-found-signed-credit.html#post1475530

OK, think my brain is beginning to clear.....

The AQ is for listing which documents I still have not received?

What cobbetts have produced are screen prints not documents....

So..... should I then be asking for the documents that I dont have?

Back again...

But have another thread running on the same matter but do not know how to link the two?

Thread is located at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/154389-incasso-applying-charging-order-3.html#post2044401

Trying to figure out how to complete the AQ that should have been submitted on the 13 MARCH.

Any help very much appreciated

Edited by POPPAY
added link

Reading through the screen prints and the 'statements' (of which these are the first I have ever seen...

The screen prints constantly refer to the LAF (Loan Agreement Form) and CCA.

My thought is... then what they have sent is not a CCA but a Loan agreement Form?

Also the statements begin from 2007 and not from the year when the loan was taken out.

And it appears that they have only been making deductions from this loan from early 2007 and NOT from the year when the loan was taken out!

What about all the other years of payment?

Yet.... another screen print states a default notice was issued in 2001!

OMG!! Its taken me 3 days to realise this because the adrenalin and worry kept from seeing it!

Reading through the screen prints and the 'statements' (of which these are the first I have ever seen...

The screen prints constantly refer to the LAF (Loan Agreement Form) and CCA.

My thought is... then what they have sent is not a CCA but a Loan agreement Form?

Also the statements begin from 2007 and not from the year when the loan was taken out.

And it appears that they have only been making deductions from this loan from early 2007 and NOT from the year when the loan was taken out!

What about all the other years of payment?

Yet.... another screen print states a default notice was issued in 2001!

OMG!! Its taken me 3 days to realise this because the adrenalin and worry kept from seeing it!

OK, think my brain is beginning to clear.....

The AQ is for listing which documents I still have not received?

What cobbetts have produced are screen prints not documents....

So..... should I then be asking for the documents that I dont have?

One of the problems you will have is the quote

'For an agreement to be enforceable, it must contain, within a single document, all the prescribed term and the debtor's signature. There is case law to back this up'

try not to be misled by this as many are......a single document can be MANY pages long and the terms can (in earlier formats) be ANYWHERE. however this changed after sometime in 2005 whem the format was specified.

However I am of the belief that the terms must be within the document and NOT within a seperate booklet.

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks DaveFW

I did receive a 'CCA' but I am unsure if it is a true copy as I do not recall signing anything that had a only signature boxes on one side. Links below:

Image of RBSCCA1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of RBSCCA2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My loan started long before 2005, and was done over the phone, and post.

I'm also concerned that they appear to only have records of payments of approx two yrs, and the only payments deducted from the sum on the 'CCA' are those that they have those two yrs records of.

What has happened to all the other yrs of payment.... I wonder?

Although some of the screen prints do show the Unidebt account number on them, but it is detailed alongside the title: 'Router Account', so they must have access to this data.

I'm just trying to figure out how to complete my AQ, as its already late.

Edited by POPPAY
to add links

Sorry cant help with the AQ

but without an agreement with a signature ...they have nothing

I must apollogise that I havent fully read the thread, and if they DO have an agreement with you signature then the rest of it looks ok (to me)

BUT......like most loans this one includes ppi, making it a multiple agreement ie the loan should be treated as two agreements. try asking on that thread for enforceability issues or as for the aq ask one of the site team for help or post on one of the other threads

Dave

Edited by davefirewalker

Thanks DaveFw

I will keep looking and ask for further help, I have asked a couple of people, but not sure that they are available to help at present.

the PPI issue and about it being treated as separate accounts is something new to me, I wasnt even aware I had PPI until it was pointed out to me by ScabHunter.

I'm having a bit of a break for a an hour or two while I go through all the papers I have accumulated over the yrs relating to this loan, and get them into date order, and into one file, then up to the loft to see what else i have filed up there.....

thanks again

P.

A mini Timeline of documents

TESCO PERSONAL FINANCE / RBS

TIMELINE

They say: start **/*/99

I have: **/**/00 standing order mandate to Baines & Earnst

I have: Baines & Earnst manage debt from begin 2001 to end 2002 (apprx 2 yrs)

RBS say: default notice issued on **/**/ 2001

RBS say: formal demand issued on **/**/2001

I have: earliest unidebt letter **/**/ 2002

I have: Final Notice letter **/**/2002

could the default notice have been sent to Baines & Earnst?

Which means that I would not have received it, does this matter?

thanks Davefw

I have had a look and it appears that the first page is laid out correctly.

However, as per another CCA laid out exactly as mine is... someone noticed that the signature box background is grey (I hadn't noticed this before) and looking at my copy I note the same.

The only part of the document with a grey background is my signature box. which is rather odd.

I have PMd pt2537 as he had commented on a CCA constructed the same way mine is.

I just am not sure how to interpret the info that I do have and whether or not stuff I have noticed is relevant or not.

P.

Reading with interest. You are closer than me to court activity so this is all useful information for me. Sorry it has to be you going through this though. I am currently waiting to see what Moorcroft are going to do in my case. After I dropped the standing order payment to £1 they sent a notice of intended litigation letter.

Hi again

No worries about it being me going through this first, just the luck of the draw... LOL.

It helps that someone else is there for support the last 3 days have been awful.

Anyways.... Moorcroft... I had difficulties with them yrs ago, however, I dont know how I did it but I only pay them £1 per month at present, no doubt they will come after me soon.... sleeping dogs and all that. I do have issues with them, well, Argos really, for misselling the PPI, but that can wait for now.

There is a positive out of all of this, I certainly do not intend to go for any more loans or hire purchase in the future, if I cant pay I go without! Lesson learned...

Will keep you posted of further developments.