• Tweets

• doh sorry was on phone screen. i think thats all ok,  let @AndyOrch confirm 1st please. dx  
    • Same date as poc then i dont like the agreement either, it just smells to me, but i can't find a like one of that era to compare against. this is only 10yrs old, so weight that up, i'd say enforceable & most are from the ear as a whole here. it cant be a recon as they must state so, and it wouldn't/doesn't need to have a tickbox+typed name to be so either. >80% loss if you go fwd, unless you can pay the CCJ within 30 days of judgement in FULL, might be time to consider a tomlin/consent, as much as i hate link, if you don't want to gamble on a very small chance of a win or can't pay within 30 days if you lose. what date is the hearing? dx    
    • Hi T911 and welcome to CAG. As you say, an interesting screw up. So much for quality control! Anyway, our regular advice is to ignore all of their increasingly threatening missives... UNLESS you get a letter of claim, then come back here and we'll help you write a "snotty letter" to help them decide whether to take it any further with their stoopid pics. If you get mail you're unsure of, just upload it for the team to have a look.
    • Thanks @lolerzthat's an extremely helpful post. There is no mention of a permit scheme in the lease and likewise, no variation was made to bring this system in. I recall seeing something like a quiet enjoyment clause, but will need to re-read it and confirm. VERY interesting point on the 1987 Act. There hasn't been an AGM in years and I've tried to get one to start to no avail. However, I'll aim to find out more about how the PPC was brought in and revert. Can I test with you and others on the logic of not parking for a few months? I'm ready to fight OPS, so if they go nuclear on me then surely it doesn't matter? I assume that I will keep getting PCNs as long as I live here, so it doesn't make sense for me to change the way that I park?  Unless... You are suggesting that having 5 or so outstanding PCNs, will negatively affect any court case e.g. through bad optics? Or are we trying to force their hand to go to court with only 2 outstanding PCNs?
    • That is so very tempting.   They are doing my annual review as we speak and I'm waiting for their response once I have it I will consider my next steps.    The debt camel website mentioned above is amzing and helping to. Education me alot    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI fretful,

I think if you check back I made you and several others aware of this some time ago (12 months maybe) and for you to formulate your Defence around these issues.

On a different subject.

Can anyone tell me if they have a FIRST charge secured regulated loan agreement with Swift Advances Plc under £25,000.

sparkie

Thanks sparkie, do you have a link where I could get more information regarding this please?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Want some detective work done if folks can help.

Check out The Kestrel Group Ltd...........Reg No 00527263 it would seem that in 1994 they took over the company by the name of guess who.................Kestrel ( Holdings) Ltd.

This Kestrel Group Ltd are active, trading, and make paper products and plastic wrapping products.

Now if they took over Kestrel (Holdings) Ltd in 1994.

If you check Kestrel (Holdings) Ltd with companies house you come up with Kestrel Holdings Ltd . They are the owners / ultimate parent company of Swift Advances Plc and all the other companies listed.

The Kestrel Holdings that Kestrel Holdings (The SWift Lot) say they own is doing it criminally..... as a company name that has been used before cannot be used again OR so I'm LED to believe.

Want help checking all this it's a biggie if I'm right. give me a bell busterg lost your number when I lost aol connection.......I'm temporary on O2

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Re my post 2583.

Rang Companies House ............they said a company's name that is no longer in use can be used by someone else provided strict criteria has been met .......looks like it is OK .but I am still checking that it has all been done correctly, ...........The name Swift Advances Holdings Ltd was only use for 10 days or so before they changed it to Kestrel Holdings Ltd, they had to do that because Swift Advances was just a trading Style.

Just combing through my Swift Advances plc file and note that my broker sent me a copy of the agreement 1 day before the final copy for signature - the agreement states that you should have a copy "7 days ago". Also just confirming an interest hike 6/7 weeks after loan commenced. SJ

Well if they are they should look at their licenses as Swift Group and Swift Advances are not names they can use. In fact Swift Advances on its own is licensed to a company called Swift Financial UK Ltd and "sweet 'Jane ' all" (sorry :D) to do with Swift Advances Plc. Lets hope the OFT spot that one, MI6 have! :p

Well if they are they should look at their licenses as Swift Group and Swift Advances are not names they can use. In fact Swift Advances on its own is licensed to a company called Swift Financial UK Ltd and "sweet 'Jane ' all" (sorry :D) to do with Swift Advances Plc. Lets hope the OFT spot that one, MI6 have! :p

The thing is the Swift Financial UK Ltd Licence lapsed in 2009......But that company was not registered with conpanies house or so I am led to believe..............it also looks like the OFT are behind this latest "get out of Jail" crap with the new stuff on their web site...........also anyone noticed that at the bottom they have left out "Swift Advances is a trading style of Swift Advances Plc???????"

PS Everyone should still keep demanding the underwriting sheet......that's where the damming evidence of the secret commission is, ....and everyone should make the OFT aware of this fact and that Swift refuse continually to supply it

sparkie

Am posting this everywhere

Taken from Decembers Ruling by High Court ( Judge Waksman)

Secret Commissions

Ordinarily, the introducer or broker will be treated as an agent of the borrower. As such they owe a fiduciary duty to their client including the duty not to make a secret profit.

Provided that it is disclosed to the client, there is nothing wrong in principle in an intermediary charging a broker’s fee. However, the commission must be disclosed and a general statement that “a commission may be paid in certain circumstances” is not adequate.

The receipt of a secret commission by a broker is a species of fraud and is actionable both against the broker or introducer and the lender who paid the secret commission.

In the Court of Appeal case of Hurstanger v Wilson [2007] EWCA Civ 299, Lord Justice Tuckey commented as follows:

1. Obviously if there has been no disclosure the agent will have received a secret commission. This is a blatant breach of fiduciary duty but additionally the payment or receipt of a secret commission is considered to be a form of bribe and is treated in the authorities as a special category of fraud in which it is unnecessary to prove motive, inducement or loss up to the amount of the bribe. The principal has alternative remedies against both the briber and the agent for the money had and received where he can recover the amount of the bribe or for the damages for fraud where he can recover the amount of any actual loss sustained by entering into the transaction in respect of which the bribe was given (Mahesan v Malaya’s Housing Society [1979] AC 374, 383). Furthermore the transaction is voidable at the election of the principal who can rescind it . . . (Panama & South Pacific Telegraph Co v India Rubber, Gutta Percher and Telegraph Co [1875] 9 Ch App 515, 527, 532-3).”

Mr Mark White stated quite clearly and categorially under oath in my court case that Swift DO NOT pay commission as such. What can be more secret than that, when I can prove they do pay commission and BIG commission payments.

This means that anyone who's broker has gone bust can sue Swift direct

sparkie

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gif

Edited by Sparkie1723

Swift Advances is a niche lending business providing secured housing loans to borrowers in the UK. Based in Essex, Kestrel is the holding company for Swift Advances.

Alchemy Board Representatives : Dominic Slade and Paul Bridges

why not ring in again to swift`s switchboard and ask for this Kestrel outfit, Mr Webster stated that its the same number as swifts,

even email Paul or Dom ask them do they or their shareholders know where to contact a kestrel member of staff, shareholders dont like this type of thing??

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?: