Hi Guys - naive newbie here

ikkle87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone, Joined this site on a recommendation of a friend as I am in debt and trying to tackle my problems.

In Nov 2006 I took out a loan with Welcome Finance for £2000,(24 months @ £132) then in april 2007 I decided to take out an other loan for £900. I thought this would be a 2nd loan but now appears to be combined. They said my new combined payments would be £217 for 36 months. I wrote and requested a CCA which I received yesterday. I think everything is in order but am not sure because i am quite new to this.

It is only through reading through the CCA that I have realised they have combined the loans as the agreement says 'Amount of Credit to Settle Loan £1965.25' The CCA also shows PPI having been added which was never on the 1st loan. I have now sent a letter to claim back PPI as I was never asked about any existing conditions or advised of any potential exclusions and when it came to me needing to claim they wouldn't cover me.

I suppose I am just posting this for any advice really to see if there is anything I can do.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated thanks

Ikkle x

Edited by ikkle87

Hello ikkle87

Welcome to CAG :)

I will move your thread to a forum where there will more help available for you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hI WELCOME TO CAG,You have come to the right place,there are lots of people on here who will point you in the right direction. Sorry i can`t answer your question but i`m sure some one more knowlegble then i will come along soon. Good Luck Paul

WELCOME TO C.A.G

forum-rules-please-read

how-do-i-dummies

faqs-please-read-these

Hello Everyone, Joined this site on a recommendation of a friend as I am in debt and trying to tackle my problems.

In Nov 2006 I took out a loan with Welcome Finance for £2000,(24 months @ £132) then in april 2007 I decided to take out an other loan for £900. I thought this would be a 2nd loan but now appears to be combined. They said my new combined payments would be £217 for 36 months. I wrote and requested a CCA which I received yesterday. I think everything is in order but am not sure because i am quite new to this.

It is only through reading through the CCA that I have realised they have combined the loans as the agreement says 'Amount of Credit to Settle Loan £1965.25' The CCA also shows PPI having been added which was never on the 1st loan. I have now sent a letter to claim back PPI as I was never asked about any existing conditions or advised of any potential exclusions and when it came to me needing to claim they wouldn't cover me.

I suppose I am just posting this for any advice really to see if there is anything I can do.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated thanks

Ikkle x

What Date did you take out the loan? exact date

Hope somebody can please help. Apologies if I sound as though I am repeating myself! Tried to add more detail.

In November 2006 I took out a loan with Welcome Finance for £2000 (£132 at 24 months) On 19th April 2007 I asked to borrow another £900 - an amount which I thought would be a seperate loan. The 2nd loan had PPI on which I am now trying to claim back as I believe I was mis sold on medical grounds. My new combined monthly totals were £217 at 36 months.

Having recently requested a CCA agreement I have looked closer and the £900 loan also consolidated the first loan so has seen me taking out a loan to pay off £2000 + interest + £900 + PPI + interest again. So I am paying 2 lots of interest on the first amount of £2000.

Having spoken to somebody at National Debtline they have said although Welcome can argue that they provided copies of my agreement when I took the 2nd loan out I can retaliate with if they mis sold PPI then maybe they mis sold the terms of the 2nd loan as well. They have advised I write a letter of complaint and also mention forwarding my complaint to the FOS.

Can I please point out that although I did receive a copy of my CCA when taking out the loan soon after I was hit by numerous health problems which saw me unable to deal with my debts and it is only now that I am getting around to tackling them.

Can I also point out I am not trying to get out of not paying this loan off but to get the amount owed reduced slightly by hopefully having the 2nd amount of interest on the £2000 and the PPI removed.

However I am not very good at writing letters and would be grateful if somebody could help me out or offer any advice.

Thank you

Ikkle x