style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

c/o Clydesdale Bank Customer Relations

30 ST Vincent Place

Glasgow

G1 2HL

IF YOU ARE IN ENGLAND USE YOUR BRANCH ADDRESS AS YOUR CLAIM MAY BECOME SUBJECT TO SCOTTISH LAW IF YOU USE ONE IN SCOTLAND. THE SYSTEM IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THERE SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

• 6 months later...

i sent a DPA to this address 2 weeks ago and hurd nothing. Phoned to find out why and they have never hurd of the address.

They say they do have an address at

30 ST Vincent place

Glasgow

but this is not head office they have told us to send it to;

Yorkshire Bankplc

20 Waterloo Street

G2 6 DB

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a letter to Yb asking for a list of charges they sent me my statements for the last 6 yrs i calculated my charges and sent a letter asking for them back, at this point i had not sent a schedule of my charges to them and i had asked for the charges only and not the interest, the bank sent me a letter saying the charges were valid and if i claim they will counter claim. i was under the impression i was to send my schedule of charges and interest on my next letter to them but now im not so sure. im worried i should have sent it with the letter asking for the charges back and now ive messed up the process. does this mean i can not continue with the claim or can i send another letter asking for the charges with the schedule. Please can someone help as im very confused. thanks

Hi PurpleSilk,

Dont panic , just re-send your letter with a schedule of charges and trat this as starting afresh.This shouldn`t prejudice your claim and their threat of counterclaim is pretty standard and nothing to worry about.

Please start a thread in the Yorkshire Bank area of this forum so everyone can follow your progress and assist you.

Good Luck we`re all behind you

Jules

30 ST Vincent Place

Glasgow

G1 2HL

IF YOU ARE IN ENGLAND USE YOUR BRANCH ADDRESS AS YOUR CLAIM MAY BECOME SUBJECT TO SCOTTISH LAW IF YOU USE ONE IN SCOTLAND. THE SYSTEM IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THERE SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

I took all my letters into the Yorkshire bank where my account was held, and they said they had send them to the head office in glasgow.I was told by the bank manager that they could not deal with any further letters as they were not authorized to do so, so all other correspondance had to go to head office.

I took all my letters into the Yorkshire bank where my account was held, and they said they had send them to the head office in glasgow.I was told by the bank manager that they could not deal with any further letters as they were not authorized to do so, so all other correspondance had to go to head office.

Do not send it to Scotland. Send it to the branch and let them send it if they wish, but if you do it your case will fall under Scottish Law.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If your prelim and LBA went there you should be OK.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am a bit worried as to where to send my prelim letter for the yorkshire bank, I sent my S.A.R, to Leeds, and of course it came back from Glasgow, now I am ready to send my prelim and copy of charges, would the head office in Leeds, or my own branch be my best bet?

hi , sorry to bother you but i am in the same boat as you i am looking to get my bank charges back from yb but i have no idea of where to start or what to do first if u can please help please e-mail me thankyou

Here's where to start - with the FAQ's ..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Then I would go to the thread section for the same organisation/bank you are claiming from & read other's threads - take a good few days (or weeks as I did) to take in what happens etc - it may seem a bit daunting at 1st but if you read up it becomes much clearer ... GOOD LUCK! :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

hi , sorry to bother you but i am in the same boat as you i am looking to get my bank charges back from yb but i have no idea of where to start or what to do first if u can please help please e-mail me

thankyou

You can't start anything without your statements, but as Chezt stated, you really need to know what you are doing, and lots of reading is needed for this. There is loads of help already there in the threads to get you started. Just don't rush into things, take your time.

Do not send it to Scotland. Send it to the branch and let them send it if they wish, but if you do it your case will fall under Scottish Law.

at the begining i sent all my prelimanary letters to the branch my account was held at but when i went to the small claims ( in the beging of august)i asked advice fron the citizens advice centre and they told me to use head office address as if i put the wrong address the courts could throw it out i hope i haven't been given the wrong advice

at the begining i sent all my prelimanary letters to the branch my account was held at but when i went to the small claims ( in the beging of august)i asked advice fron the citizens advice centre and they told me to use head office address as if i put the wrong address the courts could throw it out i hope i haven't been given the wrong advice

As Caro said - Don't send it to Scotland as the laws are completely different - stick to your usual address for correspondence or branch address & let them forward them. If you are getting replys then they are obviously getting your letters - don't panic!

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Please start a thread on the main Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank Forum here, as this thread will now be closed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/

• 1 month later...

Hi all I did as advised and sent a further letter to YB asking for charges and including a schdule of charge, this time they responded asking for four weeks to investigate my claim futher. I am still waiting but if i do not have a response by next week i will take the claim to the next stage. will keep you all posted.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks