MBNA SAR request- what should I receive

veryweary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

New to reclaiming bank charges, been too busy asking for advice on the Debt collection pages.:(

However decided to send S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA for one of the accounts we had with them, which we'd finally managed to pay off on our debt management plan last year. The account was opened in 1997, and I sent the standard template letter from the forum , saying I wanted all the info from time account was opened etc.

Have today received my £10 p.o. returned and some pages outlining details of transactions and charges on account going back 6 years only .

The letter says' Under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 as per your request for statement information, please find this information enclosed. We have provided this information free of charge on this occasion'

Had thought I'd get paperwork back to when account opened in 1997.

Are MBNA correct in what they've sent me?

Unless you already have the information prior to the six years, you may not gain much ground with this period. I believe it is only six years that they have to supply However, if you go through this info and tot up the charges etc in one of the spreadsheets with interest, you may be pleasantly surprised at the total;).

hi verweary,

you are dealing with the no1 in deception and dirty tricks.

they will try to use the 6 year rule , send another letter , recorded, explaining you require all information from the beginning and you have only been supplied 6 years worth.

dont be put off !!