HAlifax Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys and Gals, my wife and I have a joint account, and have been charged each time for going over our agreed overdraft with the halifax.

We've just been charged £70 in total for the last 2 times now,in total we have been charged 7 times since November 2006 :mad:.

I don't mind them taking our money but @ £35 a pop its a bit extortionate surely. Should I call them and ask for the charges back??? As my wife's wages always seems to go into the account a little too late, by one day.

Please help, as its just getting out of hand tbh.

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

You could ask them to return the charges as they hve only been a few. But it is doubtful they will. But it is always worth a call.

If you get no where on the phone, then you should start a claim to get them back.

As for the wges going in a day or so late, cant you change any DD's or SO's to come out on a diferent day, so this will stop the charges.

This link will help you to see how to start the reclaim.

Guide to reclaiming bank charges - Consumer Wiki

If you need any help, just ask. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks, but I've tried to get the charges refunded, not a chance. I think I will have to do it the paper way now!!! :(

Edited by mcAteer4

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

Halifax customer service is something else. :rolleyes:

Is there any chance you have had any other charges in the last 6 years? If so, then send for your statements and get tham all back.

If not then send your prelim letter as soon as you are ready. Keep us updated . ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

As long as one of you can sign for the account, thats all you need.

And yes you can claim for a closed account.

F&Q's... Read here

You should read around the site especially the Halifax forum, so you can see what to expect, also your 40 days start from the day they recieve the sar.

F&Q's... Read here