style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Content removed by Spiceskull - no conspiracy theories please!

Edited by Spiceskull

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Edited by Spiceskull

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Nobody's personal details were even looked at.

That text was added to the system in the same way that, for instance, "Platinum Account Customer" etc., is added.

Once added to the template it is totally automatic.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Nobody's personal details were even looked at...
Methinks that U MAY have missed the point that both me + Spiceskull were in agreement about...

We weren't saying that we disagreed in principle with the statements, but that we had reservations about WHERE they had been placed (...i.e. In the personal info bit of a Users public profile) + in such a way, that it implies that the User personally endorses/sanctions those views written, irrespective of whether they actually do or NOT.

It should be up to each + every User to choose, should it NOT??...:confused:

It could be seen to be an extreme form of Moderation/Censorship otherwise, where peeps en masse are 'TOLD' what to say + think.

...A topical example would be, as in Zimbabwe during their current presidential elections.

...:(

Perhaps we should give all 181,000 users their own personal forums to decorate as they wish!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Perhaps we should give all 181,000 users their own personal forums to decorate as they wish!
CAG has become what it has become BECAUSE of its Users Ruk, NOT despite them.

Within certain guidelines, MANY issues have been debated + common problems solved by people bouncing off others + taking forward their ideas one step further.

Freedom of speech should NOT come at the price of blatant loss of individuality, for that alone stiffles progress Ruk.

Are we to believe that 'Animal Farm' exists in reality, now that the original consumer 'revolution' has been consolidated??...:?

...:cool:

It could be seen to be an extreme form of Moderation/Censorship otherwise, where peeps en masse are 'TOLD' what to say + think.

...A topical example would be, as in Zimbabwe during their current presidential elections.

Are we to believe that 'Animal Farm' exists in reality, now that the original consumer 'revolution' has been consolidated??...:confused:

do you not think this a bit excessive MTM?

comparing CAG to animal farm and Mugabe?

Edited by Spiceskull

If you really want to quote literature, how about: "Much Ado about Nothing"?

If you were brand new users having just registered, you would see those as part of the furniture and wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Between drama queens and tilting lances at any windmill, seems to me we could be organising a bloody jousting tournament. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Edited by Spiceskull

If you go into any high street shop and make a purchase (at least until relatively recently) you would in all likelihood walk out with a carrier bag with the shops name emblazoned across it, effectively providing the shop with free advertising. (I have a feeling that Spicey probably objected to this too, but I'm just making an analogy). By carrying this message, users are simply carrying a free advert for CAG donations.

Personally I have no strong feelings on the issue, although I can see the point being made. Let's not forget that although we are all individuals, we are also a community, and the message is for the benefit of the community. I wonder if your kids wear school uniforms or some emblem which associates them with their school community. It is simply a reminder that our community relies on donations, whether of money, time, knowledge, etc. It does not ask for money. Just for us all to give something back, especially if we have gained from the site. It's simply part of the community spirit.

Many years ago I was a market researcher and it is actually quite amazing how people ignore messages that are constantly placed before them in their everyday lives. How many posters do you pass every day on hoardings, but if pressed could you actually say what they're advertising, or are they so pervasive that we don't even see them? ;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hardly the same thing really is it.

I too have issue with it as it suggest that I agree with it without having had any discussion about it previously.

Why not simply place an sticked announcment at the top of all forums as has been done in the past regarding the claims touts?

• Haha 1

At the end of the day, does it really matter?

The messages are clearly uniform and so no-one in their right mind is going to think they are part of an individual endorsement.

There really is soooo much more in life to worry about ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Try taking that one to the European Court of Human Rights :D:D:D

Edited by tiglet
spelling

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

You're talking to a Philosophy/Theology graduate - are you really sure you want that?