Cannot pay mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi My husband is sick and only getting ssp looks like he will be off for a long time to come. We have a mortgage and no payment protection on Friday I will be almost 3 months behind - they have already sent me letters threatening legal action, I have spoke to them and they want me to pay normal payments and they will spread the arrears over 12 months but the payment will be £1000 a month which i just cannot do. They are not reasonable and horrible to deal with (kensington mortgages). I have done everything i can to keep the house i have sent back our two cars we had on hp and contacted cccs and iam only paying token payments to our creditors i have also went back to work full time but i cannot afford to pay the normal payment never mind anything off the arrears this is stressing me out i feel so ill and tired. I am going to the citzens advice on friday and have registered with our council for a house but have not got my password yet so i am unable to bid on anything. A house has just came up not far from where we live on the doorstep of our childrens school - what chance do you think i would have of getting it? Is there anything you think i could do to improve my chances? I have also applied for income support council and housing benefit and was told i earn too much to qualify which is a joke as at the time i was only getting £700 a month.

please help

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I've put a link on you're other thread so you can check what you are entitled to in the way of benefits.

Hope it helps.

Start Calculation

Edited by enamae
added link to this thread

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Thank you for your replies. However I have already been on these sites and put a claim in for income support, housing benefit etc and have been told i am not entitled to any money. I cannot afford to pay the normal monthly mortgage payment never mind the arrears and as my husband will be off long-term i do not wish to keep the house and was wondering how soon the council would be able to rehouse me.

Sorry for delay in replying.

Most if not all councils allocate properties on a points system.

You will start off as low priority for a council house.

If/when the mortgage co. apply for possession you will be awarded extra points. The amount of points awarded will increase with each stage of the repossession. Other factors will be taken into account such as

1] previous/existing health issues

2] present housing situation

3] local connection

4] present housing condition

5] social/welfare needs

As for rehousing the council will not rehouse you until all options have been exhausted. They will also expect you to defend the repossession (even if you lose) or they can class you as intentionally homeless(ridiculous I know).In respect of the house near your children's school, unfortunately it will most probably be allocated before you are considered for a house.

All the above is based on my experience and could vary depending on which council you come under.

With reference to the benefit's issue, I can't believe that they expect you to live on £700 a month with children

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm