Road Tax - new car

dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

deleted

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I know this is adding to what has already been said but your slip is like your V5 so pat and gwc1000 are correct - It is valid if you are stopped by Police as proof of ownership as well ;)

No, it's not.

Not even the full V5 provides any proof of ownership whatsoever.

It only provides proof of keepership

OK my car is registered to me and I keep it what does that make me? The keeper or owner?

From the facts as stated above you keep the car - that makes you the keeper.

It is registered to you, that makes you the registered keeper.

Keeper and Registerd keeper can be different persons in law. For example, you are the RK. If you lend your car to somebody, they become the keeper (but obviously not the RK, unless you send the V5 to DVLA to make such registration)

Nothing written in your post provides any indication whatsoever of the owner.

To prove ownership would require the paperwork/receipt/bill of sale for the transaction when you purchased the car.

Whilst all three (keeper. registered keeper, owner) might be one and the same person; in law they are different entities

Ok, well the insurance docs came through, but they are requesting proof of my NCD. The old company has refused to send it on, as I cancelled the policy about 2 weeks after it started as the car was buggered and was scrapped.

They wanted to charge me 60% of the overal premium for 2 weeks worth of cover - so I did what any self-respecting admin of CAG would do and told them to go away in no uncertain terms.

Can they withhold the proof of NCD?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I can't see how they can withhold that proof. The fact that you have NCD is a seperate issue to the dispute over the cancellation charge. Another possibility is if you have the old policy number then your current company might be able to contact the old insurers and get the necessary information.

That's what I thought - if it comes to it I'll SAR them and get it that way, but I did think it was a bit of a con to charge a 60% cancellation fee.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------