Lloyds TSB overdraft problem

UtterlyScrewed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm hoping for advice about my Bank account. Again.

A year or so ago I went through the procedure of reclaiming my illegal bank charges (thanks to the people on here) and was very happy with the result. Unfortunately I came out of work a while later and had to go back into my overdraft to pay the bills and put food on the table while I was looking for another job. I was £800 into a £1,000 overdraft, but Lloyds TSB sent me a letter to say that I no longer had this overdraft and I had to pay the money back that I somehow now had borrowed without their permission. As I was under stress and struggling to get by, I buried my head in the sand and ignored them. Very stupidly.They say I now owe nearly £1,500 because of the charges. I have my wages paid into my girlfriends bank account now because when I first started work again, Lloyds would have swallowed my wages up right away for the first few weeks.

I am earning not bad money now and would love to start again with a clean slate after paying my debts off. Can anybody advise me how to best approach this situation please? Could I arrange to pay them back a few pound a week? Can I have any of these charges removed?

Sorry for messing it up after I have already been helped on here.

Thanks.

US.

Hi, Lloyds are good at playing hardball but if you are no longer using the account then you are in a reasonably strong position. They will use every DCA in the world to chase the money, but you are perfectly within your rights to claim the charges back again. And of course the interest they have added as well. Did they remove your overdraft out of spite after you had reclaimed your charges?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, Lloyds are good at playing hardball but if you are no longer using the account then you are in a reasonably strong position. They will use every DCA in the world to chase the money, but you are perfectly within your rights to claim the charges back again. And of course the interest they have added as well. Did they remove your overdraft out of spite after you had reclaimed your charges?

Goldlady,

Can you explain a bit more about how the DCAs and Lloyds should be dealt with if they keep chasing - as my position is that i am in the process of claiming back charges but through the services of Conkers a department of Brunel Franklin and all actions have been stayed so how do i communicate this effectively to LLoyds that the account is in dispute and they therefore cannot take any action and who should i write to. I used Conkers well before i found this site otherwise i would not have.

Ruby

Depends on whether you owe them more than they owe you or the other way round. In our case they owe us £1k so we are pretty rude to whoever tries to collect the 'debt'

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON