• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help Me Reclaim Ppi From Natwest Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, need some help with this ppi claim, maybe i am not so bright afterall:-(:-(:-(

After sending nat a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), I have now received the Loan agreement. (1 sheet of paper) My loan was taken out in Nov 2006 and I have paid PPI till Feb 2008. After realising the sods had ad PPI to my policy,without being applicable to me(self employed) I cancelled it.

The loan was for £20,000 and the interest nat added was £5646. On top of this interest they added a Single Premium Policy of £7476.Total repayable £33,122. The APR is 8.7%

The agreement states that the Main loan repayments are £315.26 per month and the insurance loan repayments are £89 per month.

I have made 16 monthly payments of £404.26 and my payments since cancelling PPI are now £334 per month.

I have searched the CAG site and havent found any suitable templates for working out my claim. Is there anyone out there who has claimed PPI and knows how to calculate the full amount to claim. Would really appreciate some hellp:-):-)

I have calculated that if the PPI was not added to the loan, I would only have to repay £25,646 over the term and my monthly repayments would actually be £25,646 / 84(7yr loan)£305.31 per month. As i have overpaid £98.95 per month for the 16 months I had the PPI policy, this means I have overpaid by £1583.62.

On top of this amount what interest can I add to the loan and if I set out a letter stating these facts how will the bank take my claim seriously?:?::?:

I have also been told by the bank that my monthly payments would reduce to £334 per month if they removed the PPI. I think they should be even less as because i am making payments towards the capital (£20,000) and the interest (£5646), the more I pay, I am reducing the cost of the capital amount and so would reduce the cost of interest.

Even so, If i calculate £25,646 (loan amount inc INT) / 84months (7 year loan) I get a sum of £305.31 so how can this be £334 per month. I think Nat are trying to pull wool over my eyes!!

I know you dont have to but your thoughts would be much appreciated if you could help out:cool:

Erm, maths :confused: NOt my strongest point I'm afraid. Was the PPI added to the front of the loan as a single premium do you know ?. If you are self employed then surely it was mis sold ?.

In the first instance you should write to the company see what they have to say about the refunding of premiums and interest etc. If they dont come up with a satisfactory reply within a period of 8 weeks, I think you are able to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. HTH :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

cheers for reply citizenb, the policy was added as a single premium policy at the start of the loan. Yes, i would like to claim back the premiums and interest I have paid for the loan but in the 19 months I have had the loan, All or most of my monthly payments have gone towards this insurance policy

that I was missold. I have paid £6468.16 towards an insurance policy I did want, not only do the sods add the PPI to my loan, but they also make me pay that off first before paying of the capital and interest for the loan.

So £6468 is the figure I want from those buggers!! not forgetting the extra 8% interest!!:x

I have a feeling that single premium poliices have been a nono since about 2005. I am sure I have seen a link somewhere over the last couple of days. If I find it I will pop it on here for you. xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BCOBS

BCOBS

Guys are you out there?:(

If i have had a loan for 18 months but my monthly payments have only gone towards single premium ppi am i right in thinking that if the ppi was missold, I can claim all this back.

I have paid £6464 in monthly payments and still have pretty much the same balance of apprx £20K which is what the loan amount was for.

Those sods have only been using my monthly payments to pay off ppi, not towards loans:evil:

If you can prove a mis sold policy then yes.. you will get all the premiums you have paid back. :) They will probably need to restructure the loan. They can only do this by using the same interest rates etc that were used at the time of the original loan. :D

BCOBS

Hello charliebright,

you can claim your PPI was mis-sold on the single premium issue and many others. It is then up to the bank to prove it was not mis-sold the onus is placed firmly in their court. I cancelled my PPI on my last loan and got a substantial rebate on the PPI and the interest. However there is nothing to stop you claiming back the money you have paid in monthly premiums with interest added on top.

I would check your statement of account on the loan and see exactly what money you were repaid when you cancelled the PPI. If you check out my thread..post 96 you can see the last account I am claiming on when I received a rebate on the PPI.

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

Hope this helps you out with you reclaim;)

regards

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Many thanks aa! I hope you dont mind me using some(a large majority)! of your letter to hit them where it hurts! I want my money back!!:mad::mad:

I still have not got all the information back from them relating to my account. I have requested a SAR and they have just sent me a little bit of information but not information calculating how they worked out the interest when they added the insurance premium to the loan.

Did they send you all your information?

Many thanks aa! I hope you dont mind me using some(a large majority)! of your letter to hit them where it hurts! I want my money back!!:mad::mad:

I still have not got all the information back from them relating to my account. I have requested a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and they have just sent me a little bit of information but not information calculating how they worked out the interest when they added the insurance premium to the loan.

Did they send you all your information?

Any information you think is missing, you can write and ask them for. :)

BCOBS

thanks citizenb yes, will write back to them its just that they always make excuses. :mad:

I remember last month I sent them 2 letters of the same content to different addresses and just spoke to a lady this morning who told me they had not received it. Damn liars:mad:

These are the same banks we are supposed to trust:evil:

They even said they have not received my £10 for the SAR:evil::evil::evil:

So reluctantly, I will have to fork out another tenner:mad:

Oh well, I am in this for the war:rolleyes:

How did you send the original £10.00 fee.. postal order/cheque ?. Did you send your letters recorded or special delivery ?

If you sent by postal order, then you will have a counterfoil (it is a separate slip a bit like a till receipt). You will be able to check that out with the post office to see if it is cashed.

If you sent by either recorded or special then you should be able to see if and when it was received from the Royal Mail site.

Of course if it was signed for then, they are fibbing and they have received the postal order.. end of story :)

BCOBS

thanks citizenb yes, will write back to them its just that they always make excuses. :mad:

Oh well, I am in this for the war:rolleyes:

If they make excuses you can just report them to the Information Commissioners Office :D

BCOBS

hello charlie,

feel free to use as much as you wish from my letter but remember it has not yet stood the test of posting to the bank.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Cheers for that CitizenB, the unfortunate thing is that I stupidly did not send by recorded delivery so cannot prove it was sent:(

I will never be that stupid again when corresponding with the enemy:)

i am now waiting for their SAR form which i will have to send back to them along with £10.

I will personally take this to a branch and have them sign something to acknowledge the payment!!

If they still mess around after, I will no doubt take this up with relevant authorities. :evil:

Yep, put it down to experience and bounce back fighting :)

BCOBS