HFC charging me for Default Notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[link rermoved because of personal details being visible - please remove these before re-instating link]

Got the above from HFC bank. Can they charge me for issuing a Default Notice?

Many thanks.

Edited by steven4064
Link Removed as personal details shown

Another excess charge for you to reclaim !!!

Send them a letter back saying as you have had to write to them you are charging them £150 per letter and for researching legal advice !!! they do it to us so why can't we do it to them !!

They cannot charge for a default notice, it's merely a requirement to issue one before they can take further action.

When you get it post it up on here, most of them are invalid!!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I got charged £50 for a default. As I was claiming back charges at the time I added "Furthermore I don't recall a clause in my original credit agreement whereby a £50 fee would be added to my account should it default."

They refunded me. :)

Another favourite letter I wrote contained "One thing that interests me more than most is the leaflet which HFC Bank kindly provided. I note that HFC Bank subscribe to the Banking code and one of the standards of practice is that “all cases of financial difficulty will be dealt with quickly, sympathetically and positively”. This raises a couple of questions which I would like HFC Bank to provide an answer to: -"

Why when HFC contacted me about none payment were they not sympathetic?

If HFC Bank's charges are fair and reasonable, then as I requested in my previous letter, would HFC Bank please give a breakdown of how they arrived at these charges and send this information to me?

How is adding charges a positive approach to a debt I am obviously struggling to repay?

After the above I also got my Charges back. Was 3 letters in total. I didn't get an answer to my questions though :confused:

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Agreed you need to use Microsoft Paint or something to black out as it is still very legible.

Completed:

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

I have reported the link so that it can be edited, as the OP is offline.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Good'o :)

Completed: