style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have outstanding council tax that has been passed onto the mentioned bailifs. we have offered 35 a week but they have said 65 a week minimum. they have since sent a bailif via liability order. a bailif knocked our door who we ignored but she has took the registraion and vin number (shows through window) and put it on a "notice of seizure of goods" we phoned the bailif and explained this wasn't actualy our car, its registered to my gf with the dvla but my Dad actualy has a bill of sale for it. They are saying they have checked with the dvla and the know its registed to my gf and are allowed to remove it regardless of who has a bill of sale.

I have printed off the letter offering payments and explaining we not refusing to pay it etc but a bit worried about the car.

as it says on the dvla's own v5 "the registered keeper is not necessarily the owner"

'They are saying they have checked with the dvla and the know its registed to my gf and are allowed to remove it regardless of who has a bill of sale.'

This is a lie. They cannot levy/remove goods not belonging to the debtor.

Write a letter to the bailiff company stating that you know the levy is invalid and if it is not removed; you will complain to the courts. Fax/email the letter AND send by special delivery.

However, you may have difficulty proving your gf doesn't own it (is the debt in her name also?)

Edited by anais35

I have provided them with the receipt My dad was given when he brought the car. We brought it private and was given a hand written receipt. Bristow and sutor claim it means nothing because it is hand written and anyone could of written it. I asked what more proof do they need? I suggested a statement off my dad stating he brought it etc they said that might help. Surely though the hand written receipt was enough. Can't exactly get a vat receipt off john doe from the bargain pages can i? Ahhhhhh help!

UPDATE

Levy removed, B&S eventualy agreed a receipt and a statement from the owner, WAS ENOUGH to show I did not own the car. Further more they accepted my payment plan offer, which was lower than previously offered!

A stern phone call and some letters go a long way!