Credit card debt bought by DCA - who do I claim back charges from? Advice please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently fell behind with payments on a credit card & was then informed the debt had been purchased absolutely by a DCA. I know that there were loads of unfair charges applied to this card so who do I submit a claim to - the original creditor (ie. CC company) or the new owners (ie. DCA).

My guess is the DCA as they have bought the whole bangshboodle including the liability for refunding the charges but I would be grateful for any advice from others with experience or knowledge please.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

You reclaim from the original creditor as they applied the charges.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks, rory, I'll do that & post here with eventual (hopefully) successes & donation. This site is one of the best on the web!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.