Default confusion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a query. I have requested my credit file from the 3 agencies and have so far received one from Callcredit. There are three defaults listed against me on this file. One for Sander & kay (Premier Man) which lists the default date as 17/4/08 around the time I requested the CCA and they could not produce it and another for T mobile for which I had a dispute around charges abroad. They list the default date as 10/4/07 but also state the account is cleared, which appears that they have written off this account. The last one is for Next Directory which they state the default date as 5/8/05 and have also written off the account as it is now cleared.

My question is even if the defaults are removed, the non cleared accounts will still remain, so what happens then? (please excuse me if I appear a bit naive).:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Please, please, please could someone answer my query above. I have received all of my credit files with many defaults, as I have requested my credit agreements and they could not supply. I also have defaults and then accounts cleared. With the ones that credit agreements could not be found and defaults added, how do I get these removed, and what will happen to the outstanding balances as they will remain unsettled?

Hi Shorty

It would be best to go for the removal of all erroneous data rather than just the defaults.

I'm not completely au fait with telecoms though there are some useful threads here. Its quite likely that Sander & Kay and Next don't have any agreements. So I would tend to use that as the basis for the default removal.

Remember, in order to default there must be an agreement. Without it the default on your file would not only be inaccurate but also provably damaging to your financial reputation.

Have a look at: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/115630-pricing-default.html

Thanks for this information. Maybe im being a bit niave, but would i request that the whole entry on my file is removed as there is no credit agreement, hence no default on all the creditors who are unable to produce one. Then state that as a result of these entries this has damaged my financial reputation. I want to do this properly as the biggest creditor was Egg and the alleged debt was around £19,000. Is there also a template I can use for these, if so, could you direct me there.