DPA Letter - Stage 1

1000lakes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings to you all!

I posted my charges request letter on 12th June, and have not had a reply yet. From the experiences of others here, it's likely to be a long hard slog. But, I'm determined to see it through, will keep you posted.

Good luck to you 1000lakes - looks like you've got it under control. Keep us posted! :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Update #1- Yesterday 13th July, I received a large brown envelope from Lloyds.

A quick scan through the pages showed that some information was missing. The pages referring to more recent charges were minimal to say the least- I couldn't make out what the charges were for, and strangely, the charges for letters informing me that I had exceede my o/d limit were also missing. For older charges, all they sent me was copies of statements.

I think it's time to write another letter and remind them that full details of all charges are required within the 40 day time limit (which is due to expire soon).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-letter-preliminary-approach-repayment.html

Hi try this link this is the Prelim letter, the letter that you send when you have added up your charges and made sure there has been no manual intervention on your account, you give the bank 14 days from the date you put on the prelim letter, they will send you a standard fob off letter before this date expires, but still wait the 14 days then send this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-letter-before-action-consumer.html

and then give another 14 days from this letter then its moneyclaim which is a different matter.

Regards

adamski

• 7 months later...

hi I recieved a letter back saying how sorry they werte to have recd compalint etc etc and they expect their enquiries to be completed in the next 2 weeks but I didnt sent a complaint per se I know this is a stsndard letter but found it extremely strange I just want the figures.