Stopping an Attachment of Earnings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please can someone help me on this urgently!!!

I received a letter from the court yesterday that a company called Nelson Guest were applying for an attachment of earnings order to be placed against me for a debt that is 10 years old.

I have not received any letters or calls from them for over 2 years and this is the first I have heard.

I missed making a few payments and generally forgot about the account. If thye had sent me a letter before this action I would of acted.

Is there anything I can do to stop the attachment as with the area I work in it will cost me my job?

Please can you help!!

No I Haven't. I spkoke to the firm today and the court and they said all I can do is ask to suspend the attachment and see if the company are willing for me to make payments direct rather than taking out of my wages. If they dont accept it then it will be from my employer.

How do I request a copy of my CCA?

Many Thanks

Hello.

Is the debt subject to a court order? If so when was judgment entered against you?

If so have you made any payments against it?

Quite a lot we can do with this one possibly, I don't think a CCA request will even be needed.

Hi,

Not sure when the judgement was ordered against me but must be a few years ago as I haven't heard from these for over 2 years. They never contacted me until now from the court with the attachment request.

I have phoned the company and the court and they say the only thing I can do is complete the form with a suspend action and the court will notify the company of this and it is up to them if they want to allow me to pay directly rather than through my wages. But i have to put the reasons why when i complete the form.

If I had received any paperwork from Nelson Guest I would of responded. Now unless I get it back to the court within 8 days they will pursue an attachment of earnings. This seems very unfair.

Is there anything I can do?