Help...car crash caused by garage not checking car?

swansea84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey people. Bought a used car about 1 month ago. Had so many issues with it. 1 fault was with altonator took it back to where i got it from and they said it was ok. So 2 days ago i crashed my car as the engine cut out due to one of these faults so had no breaks or nothing. I cant claim of my insurance and i think this is down to the car garage as they have not checked the car correctly. where do i stand with this.

Generally the alternator only re-charges the battery so this would not cause you lose brakes as you say.I take it you only have TP insurance as you claim you cannot claim on your insurance. If the car had that many problems you should have taken it back and asked for refund and if they refused spoken to TS.

Did the car have MOT and did it come with and warrenties etc.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

Generally the alternator only re-charges the battery so this would not cause you lose brakes as you say.I take it you only have TP insurance as you claim you cannot claim on your insurance. If the car had that many problems you should have taken it back and asked for refund and if they refused spoken to TS.

Did the car have MOT and did it come with and warrenties etc.

I have 3 moths warrentie

It has an MOT even thought it should of failed according to someone i spoke to.

I took the car back 3 times in 1 month. and they said it was ok. i started the car up and had no power steering nothing. Then driing home car cut out again. Took it to garage . They read the ECU. with 3 faults. Immobiliser fault fuel sensor fault. and an unkown fault with a code i checked the code and its something to do with transmission.

Immobiliser fault fuel sensor fault. and an unkown fault with a code i checked the code and its something to do with transmission.

So when you took the car back and they found these faults what have they done to correct them ?

Who was the warrenty with, was it with the garage or with a outside company etc.

well if you engine cut out it could be the immobiliser fault or a problem with the ECU , However that that should not stop your brakes or steering from working.

What did you hit ?

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...