problems with kensington mortgages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, everybody.

Been searching the net in hope of helping my mum and dad. They have fallen behind on mortgage payments with kensington. They have two loans with kensington 1 is getting paid fine but one is behind by about £5,000.

They cannot meet the demands Kensington want at the moment as my mum is classed as blind. and my dad got run over last year and has been out of work. They went to the cab today who have told my mum and dad to go for straight re-possession meaning we have 56days to find a way out.

I have a current mortgage offer going through on the house but think it is likely to take longer than the 56 days we have been told to go for in court on monday.

I hope i have highlighted the problems any advice would be gratefully appreicated

thanks sequenci. I have all the papers here to prove its currently going through. We told the cab this morning and they were happy to go for a suspened possession order. But two hours later they rang us and said they think we should go for a full possession order as they think we will be paying too much interest while we await the mortgage to go through. Any advice?

Hi there, Sequenci is right - you can take a Statement to court with you on Monday together with your evidence of purchasing the property - also your mum and dad's state of health. If you need help with writing the statement please let me know and I'll draft one for you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn if you could draft a statement so i know what to tell my mum and dad, i would be very gratefull to you, am not sure what to put and my mum and dad are not really sure either.

Thankyou for you kind help.

Any advice?

Sure,

Is the new mortgage affordable?

Have a go at completing a budget sheet:

National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet

Remember to factor in figures for road tax, maintenance, servicing, MOT etc in the travel section of you drive. Be realistic with your figures. Can you then meet the mortgage payment?

Remember that there is a strong likelihood that property prices will continue to fall, will the takeover be worth it? One thing to consider is that *if* the property is repossessed it is VERY likely to be sold at auction unless you ask the court for time to sell it yourself.