First Credit have taken over my debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive settled nearly all my debts with settlements (1 goldfish to go) best was crettins carter settled for 25% . be careful though I settled a full ansd final for a cap one card with crappest and still had the nerve to try and chase me for the rest resulting in me almost having a breakdown if it hadnt been for my gorgous wonderful (untidy):ppartner I would have ended up in hospital. Mkae sure that if you do settle with Full and finals you get them to send letters showing the accounts are settled and keep em for life.

Well if they provide me with the CCA request that I asked them for, should I ask them if they would settle and should I make the first offer and see what they are prepared to offer in relation to that? I owe almost £3000 (seeing it in writing makes me panic :(

Do not be intimidatd by first cretins, they are a bunch of chancers who very often tread on very thin ice, especially over the phone.

Like as been said previously do not get into a conversation with them over the phone, a simple in writing only will do just fine.

The best thing with these muppets is not to let them wind you up, they aim to put you on the defensive in order to secure money from you.

Stay calm and polite they do not like it.

If you go down the CCA, SAR route, keep strictly to the timetable, it proves to them you are serious and are less likely to continue to make demands from you.

Good luck with it all, dont let them get you down.

There is a lot of knowledge and experience on here that should assist you.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

I don't think I can offer them a settlement as I have another credit card debt - student days :( that I am paying of with halifax and I read somewhere that you can't settle one and not the other. Is this true? The debt with halifax is £1000 more so I wouldn't be able to afford to settle that one. First Credit I maybe could with a loan from family. is this true? That you can't settle one debt without offering some of the money to the other debt?