Advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a 200pound payday advance from WDA, on which the interest was 50pound. At the end of the month i had to pay them 250 or i could pay them 50 and rollover the remaining 200 to my next payday, and they wud charge me the 200 loan amount + the 50 in interest again.

I could not afford to pay them the 250 back. And i kept rolling over the loan and ended up paying them 50 pound every month. This went on for about 8 months. That means i had ended up paying them 400 for an original loan of 200. This month i stopped the direct debit as i could not afford to continue with this.

they are now demanding the 250 + 20 in interest. i have been advised that i can tell them that since i have paid u double the amount over a period of just 8 months, i can request them to write this off. Is this correct? if so, is there any sample draft letter on this website that i cud send to them?

they have written to me yesterday, saying that if you do not pay this amount in 7 days, then ur details will be passed on to a debt collection agency who may visit you at home or work. Is this allowed? if not, how do i say to them that i am aware that this is illegal and that i do not want u to contact me now.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you