GE MONEY Suspended Repossesion Order

lewis2610
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys i am in court thursday to defend a court order for suspended repossesion.

I would really appreciate any help

I have a defence form to fill in which i belive i can take with me but should of been handed in 14 days after being served

A few thing trouble me

1, do me and my wife have to fill in seperate defence forms as we have 1 each or will the judge look at 1 defence form and treat it as joint.

2, i am not quite sure how to fill in the form to give me the best chance of stopping the suspended repossesion order.

3, the arrears are only £1583.00 which is less than 2 months total mortgage payments (does this help my case)

I was originally £3583.00 in arrears but have scraped 2 grand and payed it off the arrears as well as my normal monthly installment

I really need some guidance from someone who understands the legal side of this case

Maybe someone could contact me via msn messenger and could talk me through it

my wife and i are really upset and dont want to lose our home

I understand that the suspended repossesion order is an oportunity to make a deal for payment which i have already done

i offered an extra £250 on top of my monthly payment but they still want to go ahead with this hearing

I fthis is granted it is for the whole tem of the motgage and i believe if i make 1 late payment in the future they can ask the blaif to evict us without going to court again (is this true)

Please can anyone help ???

Kindest Regards

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are in this position. However, I should be able to help you.

As it is too late to put the defence form in (we can explain that) it would be better to take a formal written statement to the court before the hearing, either tomorrow or Wednesday, I can help you write it. You will have to do an income and expenditure sheet to go with it, so we need to get to work straight away.

When did you make the last payment - was it after you received the court papers? and when did you make your offer of £250.00 on top of the normal monthly payment? You need to be sure you can afford this as there is no point in offering more than you can comfortably pay as this will only result in your experiencing difficulties again.

Try not to worry too much, there is almost no chance that the judge will award possession to GE on the first time of asking. In fact I have helped people successfully defend possession on a second hearing. Have a look around this forum and you will see others who have faced the same situation as yourselves http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/

As soon as you let me have the above answers I will get to work writing the statement.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

With Help From Ell enn I sucessfully won in court today

1 GE money didnt even bother to turn up

2 The statement that i had help to write and a reasonable offer of repayment (dont offer what you cant afford) was accepted

Therfore i do not have any suspended repossesion order

All is Good

If anyone else is in this situation DONT PANIC

It can all be sorted with the help on this superb site and all its great memebers

Especially Ell enn

Kind Regards

Hi Lewis.

Im really pleased for you.

I dont wish to put a damper on your joy but, i should check your situation carefully.

I think you will find that GE have in fact gained a suspended repo order even though they didnt turn up.

It can be done in writing.

I think it went before a judge who accepted your monthly offer, and subject to paying that extra amount you will be ok.

I hope im wrong, but please check.

Regards.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Tony, I understand the judge told the OP that she wasn't going to make any order. However, if she did, and Lewis misunderstood, then shouldn't he get notification from the court within a couple of days stating what the order is?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Absolutely.

Lets hope the notice that arrives is a dismissal notice, and im wrong.

Although i assumed you communicated privately, i could only comment on what i read.

Another satisfied customer, well done.;)

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Get rid of GE as soon as you can is my advice. They tried to repossess our house two years ago (just before Christmas) and would not help us in any way when we were having a few tough months.

I do hope you are right that there is no order - can't believe they didn't turn up. We borrowed money from family and friends to pay off our arrears so didn't make it to court.

But now we have managed to borrow from our first mortgage company to pay the GE loan off. And GE have until Monday to come up with a suitable defence to our claim against them for £2K of charges:D. They have already offered me £1000 - I turned it down !!!!!!! I want the lot for the hell they put us through:(.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. And revenge is well worth waiting for:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Absolutely.

Lets hope the notice that arrives is a dismissal notice, and im wrong.

Let's hope so Tony

Although i assumed you communicated privately, i could only comment on what i read.

You made a valid point based on the information the OP posted

:)

Ell

Hi Goldlady.

Im afraid all the sub prime lenders are as bad as each other.

Its not always easy to switch providers.

Im glad you are now sorted though.

Hang on in there for the full amount.

Do you have a thread i can read ?.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON