Hi Help please its an easy one (I hope)!

helenm1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have had an offer letter 2day from crap 1 for the full amount I am claiming, but I want to know how they will pay the funds as I have an account with them but due to these charges (solely) it was closed and sent to a debt collection agency, so I need to know where this money is going as I need to pro rota my payments to my other creditors.

The letter syas due to the oft they will pay my claim of £390.72.

and then the usual blarb, but there is no form to sighn or a phone number so I can tell them to pay me (I know they may still credit it to my credit card) but then they would be giving themselve prefrence as a creditor and they cant really due that according to the oft, and if they do then I have to do another complaint with the oft. so my question is does any1 know a decent phone no 4 crap one, a dept that deals with refunds of charges, as I have phoned the mail line and got through to someone who didn't know anything about this, and said there were no notes or refund claims on my account (which is wrong)! please help!

Many thanks Helen

Hi,

Thanks for that is it the usual address I send it to, the address on my letter is their normally one.

My debt was passed to a collection agency called fredrickson international, they also know nothing about the payment. suprise suprise!

Thanks Helen

Hi,

They are a real pain in the ass! I have aprx 3 phone calls a day, then they set me up on a repayment plan and phone back two mins later saying I never had that conversation and they cant set up a plan without a income exp form (even tho they've had 3)! and we keep going round in circles! I just tell them I'll pay what I can afford, ccj it I'll dispute it with charges, or they'll accept my offer, so you've just wasted x amount in court charges, as I'll soon be going bankrupt, that usually shuts them up!

Thanks again!

H

Send Frederickson a request under s78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the executed agreement for the account. Remind them that the statutory period for them to rply is 12 days and include the statutory fee of £1.

It will give them something to do and might be interesting what they come up with (if anything). If they don't comply properly (which is highly likely) then it will give you some extra amunition for dealing with them.

Incidentally, don't sign the letter, just [rint your name and send a postal order rater than a cheque, also to avoid giving them an example of your signature.