can firm make us work extra 26 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

firm i work for is looking to change the shift pattern it means we wil be working less hours per week but means we have to work extra 26 days a year due to the change in shift patterns and the way we currently work. can the firm impose these changes on us.

Guest Old_andrew2018

hi

I presently work 37.5hrs per week, that works out to 3 long days, and one half day either am or pm, seems fine however I could be forced due to my contract to work 5 short days.

Is your situation similar

Regards

Andy

firm i work for is looking to change the shift pattern it means we wil be working less hours per week but means we have to work extra 26 days a year due to the change in shift patterns and the way we currently work. can the firm impose these changes on us.

The advice is basically the same as was provided in your Previous_Thread

The company are generally obliged to consult with workers in order to change shift patterns and to listen to any alternatives. This can be done individually or through a collective arrangement or with a Trade Union representative. Ultimately however, if it is justified in the interests of the business and there are no viable alternatives available, then yes they can change shift patterns with appropriate notice of any changes and a newly issued contract afterwards. Contracts will often include a clause under which they may change terms in the interests of the business and how much notice they will provide in order to do so. It is also quite common for the employer to 'buy out' parts of the existing terms which prove to be a sticking point - this may mean that as a part of the change you may be in a position to negotiate a one-off payment or a pay enhancement to compensate for any inconvenience, but this depends on the employer!

If all this is happening whilst under TUPE conditions, the employer would have to justify that the changes are neccessary (ETO reasons) and can't make them just because he disagrees with the way that things work at present.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

forgot to mention they are also making around 19 men redundant due to changes in work practices eg giving us extra work on top off our normal workload to cover these people that are leaving.