• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mum vs littlewoods direct and marshall wards

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tell them you can`t send them other peoples details as it`s a breach of the DPA.

Tell them you have sent the offending data to the Information Commisioner as evidence of their incompetence and stupidity and they will be in touch in due course, heh heh :p

Don`t forget to start your letter with `Dear empty heads`

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received the letter from littlewodds today requiring the letter that i coplained about the other day. Do you not think I should send it then. Just get information commisioner to sort it.

lisa

U can file it and ignore it or u can pretend u got nothing from them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If you send it back to these idiots, they then may deny ever sending it to you.

Ignore them and file your complaint with the IC. Then if they want to see what you have, you still have the evidence.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

YW.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 3 months later...

Hi There all well we have an update

Mum got a letter from lowell portfolio regarding her leittlewoods direct account.It goes like this

I write to inform you that your Shop direct account ref number *********, has been sold to lowell portfolio ltd on the 29 12 2008. Lowell portfolio ltd have been appointed as duty authorised collection agents fro recovery of the outstanding balance.

It is our aim to help you clear the indebtedness you currently have with ourselves by either agreeing a settlement or a repayment plan. You will find we have many flexible repayment plans designed to suit your current financial circumstances.

Please call the number below where one of our experienced negotiators will assist you in finding the ideal option for yoiu.

PAYMENT CAN BE TAKEN OVER THE TELEPHONE BY EITHER DEBIT OR CRDIT CARD

Please not all further communications and paymnets must be made o lowell financial ltd at the address below:

lowell financial ltd

po bow 172

leeds

ls11 9ws

I have been paying littlewoods a pound a month. But the have not said the approve but they have beeen accepting it cos it shows on statmnet.

Any help on what to do would be great. Should i write and tell them i will carry on paying my pound as i have been for te past year to littelwoods or what should i write

thanks lisa

its up to you lisa u could always send the bermused letter or write explaining that you are in charge of your mums finances and as result all correspondance has to be direct to u. You could always write to them and say u will carry on paying the £1 a month to them.

Ur call really.

Hi Lisa,

Send them this -

Dear empty heads,

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

What the hell are you dribbling on about? You ask me for a payment, without proving anything. Are you on smack or something? I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to, or have even heard of Lowell Portfolio.

I am also familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the Office of Fair Trading say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question, for example, the last bill you have at our address, or your receipt of purchase. This would be very interesting to see.

Further to the above, and your threat to arrange for a moron to visit, do you honestly think I’m going to entertain your so-called agent? I don’t think so! Make sure that any contact by yourselves is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment and dealt with accordingly - Administration Of Justice Act 1970, Protection From Harassment Act 1997, Communications Act 2003. If you choose to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office Of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine, far more than this alleged debt.

May I remind you, there is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd (1959) 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.), and let`s not forget the Pizza boy. Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your moronic representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, Police attendance.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed, otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the Trading Standards department and consider informing the Office of Fair Trading of your phishing actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Me.

PRINT YOUR NAME - DO NOT SIGN!

I sent them this when they started giving me static after claiming they bought a debt which had mis-sold PPI on. They quickly ran off, like the idiots they are.

If they have bought this debt, then let them do all the work, and let them prove they have bought it and let them prove YOUR MUM owes it.

If they have bought this debt they I can`t see why you should keep paying Littlewoods, do you?

Save you money and send that letter Special Dell.

Regards

N.P

• Haha 1

it will deffo get there attention

After the line - or have even heard of Lowell Portfolio.

Add, untill tonight on Watchdog and you sound like a bunch of bell ends to me, with Thrush!

:p

i saw the advert on the website for that i loved there rubbish statement

i saw the advert on the website for that i loved there rubbish statement

Yeah, I read that too, they sound very understanding and co-operative.

Sound likes BS to me. Bomb them!

I missed the show but it is on again at 0.55 on 30th January on BBC, so set your recorder ;)

i will watch online i did text them during the show airing my views

Hi all

Was just thinking whether to post that letter that n.p has posted on here on post 110 or should i just send a letter some thing like this:

Dear sir/madam

Thank you for your letter of which contents have been noted. As I have already explained to littlewoods that i can not afford to pay more then £1.oo a pound which I have been paying to them for about a year know and which they have been accepting according to my statments.

So I therefore offer to you £1.00 a pound and as my other creditors have accepted I ask you to accept.

I look forward to hear from you in writing only

Thanking you

Mrs *********

Please could you let me know if this sounds ok im not very good in putting letters together

Lisa

Lisa,

It is entirely up to you.

I know what I would send them.

Look at it this way, this is a new DCA demanding money from you. Why would you say "ok, but I can only afford £1"? If they claim they have bought this account and they you know owe them money, then let them prove it, and then let them work for it.

If Littlewoods don`t want payment from you then what does that tell you? I`d never give a DCA a penny, they are simply merceneries who are out to make a living by terrorising people like yourself, and your mum.

Only you can decide what to send them.

Can I just ask why it`s taken you a week or so to come back on? Do I sense a little hesitation?

N.P

• Haha 1

Hi N.p

Thanks for that i think will cca them first then and see what the come up with. Yes u correct i have been hesitating on what to send i have been wondering on what to do

thanks again

lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there all we have an update on the lowell financial ltd regarding the littlewoods account this is what it says

Dear *************

We are in receipt of your request for a copy of your credit agreement in accordance with section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We are requesting a copy of the agreement from the original lender with thom you originally entered into the agreemnet.

While we endeavour to reply to you with the required information within the prescribed 12 days period under the consumer credit act, you will appreciate this is dependant upon receipt of the information from the original creditor.

We will advise you further if it will take longer than the prescribed period.

If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact 0113 308 6044

But i was just sat wondering if they say that they have bought the debt from them should the agreement not be from them and not from littlewoods direct

so now we will see what they come up with now

lisa.

In theroy yes they should have all the docs with them as they own the debt but as we know they only get a piece of paper that says basics and everything else either comes later or never at all.

Just ignore anything else they send you until they send your CCA.

Without it they can`t do much other than terrorise you with silly, irritating letters of death, doom and destruction and all that nonsense, but of course you know better, don`t you?

Hi all

Well i thought i would just let u know mum recieved another letter yesterday from the idiots lowell finance and guess what it was the same letter as the day before. Do the really know what they are doing.:confused:

do u want a answer to that question?

Lowells are now on my case regarding my Littlewoods account.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Oh more fun and games for u emma