• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC are silly arn't they?

gordonsanderson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

A further update, i sent away for SAR to the 3 other agreements i have had with these people and 1 came back with an agreement and the others (that i had PPI with) did not come back with any agreement. So, i will send a request for the other 2 agreements to recieve both fully executed CCA`S sometime this week, i feel this will fall on deaf ears, all being well ha ha!!, so i shall see what crap they send me, if they fail to send me all relative docs then i will send another letter to HFC`s SAR team as their reply was that they did not send them because when the accounts were closed i was given the closed accounts (total freeknin bollocks), so they are trying to hide even more than was first thought, interesting as they already owe me a small fortune. With regards to the ICO response for my first claim they have 28 days from the 3rd of july which makes their time up, and if HFC dont respond ill be on the phone to the ICO, shortly after ill persue the FOS, so in total i have 3 PPI claims on going and 1 success from the ICO and im gathering enough ammo to execute HFC if i do go to court. So i guess that the next thing ill here from HFC will be concerning my CCA`s for the other 2 accounts, the pressure is on them to produce the goods and since nov 2007 they have failed to do so, so time will tell coz i aint...in...no...rush.

I`ll keep you informed as it happens.

Regards Gordon

Just to make it clear as it may of sounded abit muffled, i have 3 Claims for PPI, 1 that is nearly there and the other 2 pending, once i have recieved all the docs i reqiure ill be off to the ombudsman to see what they say and get what they owe me or ill stuffem in court.

Regards Gordon

Hi Gordon

You're doing a great job with this lot. I sincerely wish i had realised the problems they would cause and been a bit more on the ball with them myself.

Good luck and watching this with great interest :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi All,

just to give you an update, ive just been on the phone with the ICO and it appears that HFC have asked for an extension (bloody marvelous), they are unable to comply with the DPA and are struggling with my request, so that'll do nicely, and ive also had a letter from a departmental manager with regards to the CCA same account, stating that they are unable to provide a copy of my executed agreement and have sent a blank agreement with T's & C's but no default notice nor signed statement of account, so they are right up **** creek.

The ICO state that they are expecting a reply within the next 2 weeks regarding the DPA request so ill be waiting, with regards to the CCA ill write back asking them for the missing docs again when i get back off me jollies.

So they cannot send me an SAR nor can they send a fully executed CCA which means the FOS will love this as much as i am loving it.

Ill send away for the docs as i said when i come back and with regards to the other 2 agreements i am investigating, they'll have to wait until then too, so far, 3 agreements on go 1 of them they cannot respond to and the others are in wait, so from foot soldier to captain, and i feel they are fighting a loosing battle..as i said in my previous threads "THIS IS SPARTA" and i aint roling over to these bar stewards, it'll be very very interesting in what they say, and as time goes by so my compensation increases, can't wait.

So im off on me jollies in the morn safe in the knowlegde their fcuked.

Regards Gordon

• 3 months later...

HFC are silly to us!

My wife took out a secured loan, although she is not named on the mortgage.

HFC get me to sign with her "because we live together".

As far as I am aware you cannot apply for a secured loan if you do not have property to secure it on.

HFC mis-sold the loan by getting me to sign it by failing to tell me it was secured.

One would assume a secured loan to be secured on something yes ??. I wonder if by signing they have coerced you into being a guarantor.

Although, I would have thought they would have been obliged to advise you.

I would hope you are going to get this one to the Financial Ombudsman PDQ.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi blfamily

It's been a while since I left HFC now - when did you sign your agreement?

It is my understanding that you wife would have to be a registered proprietor (as detailed on the title deeds at HM Land Registry) of the subject property in order to be a party to further secured loans secured against it. If the mortgage is your name only, only you should be on the legal agreement of such further borrowing.

I'm not a legal expert on contractual law, so I'd suggest getting that confirmed by someone who is. There are a lot of people on this forum with that kind of knowledge! :)

As for you not knowing it was a secured loan, there should have been a KFI document (Key Features Illustration) or Pre-Contract Information which should detail what type the loan is. It *should* have been very clear to you what the loan was all about before you signed it.

Currently, secured loans or 2nd charges are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 2006 and are not regulated by the FSA. However, you can still complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service about this and the way in which you were sold your loan.

You must complain to the firm first before the FOS will investigate.

I'd also suggest creating your own thread so we don't hijack Gordon's, and you can keep us updated with your progress on there.

• 1 year later...

this is gordon sanderson, ive changed my login details as ive been abscent for a bit of a duration....any how, i got a result from the ombudsman staing that hfc are guilty of mis-selling ppi, but as the claim included the three different loan amounts the ombudsman stated that they are seperate issues,and that i would have to persue them individually,and what they also said was, as my claim for the money hfc stole from me together with my earlier expenses i rack up form a solicitor whome eventually said i was more clued up than him, i have to make a seperate claim for that as the banks dont have to pay....well ill be bolloxed if im being let outa pocket, So now i have sent again for SAR (SUBJECT, ACCESS, REQUEST) and they have a total of 25 days to comply befre i take them to court. OH!!!!! i nearly forgot, HFC have said that they do not acccept that the had mis-sold me ppi, the amount they said they would pay back is bollocks, they have undervalued what they owe me by appproximately £6000, and they have refused to gave me a break down ie a full statement of how they come to the figure they have, so i now wait with a wopping great smile on my face because their gonards are mine, and there aint any thing they can do about it.....their are in the s*** because they put themselves in it.

Glad to be back.... keep fighting coz one day a not for profit bank will be the only bank on our streets, and every one who has credit ie ,overdraft,loan, mortgage will own everything they have because there will be no banks to owe the money to.....

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and dont beat beat and never give up.....cheers....:whoo: