HFC are silly arn't they?

gordonsanderson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Another day and another page turned or is it booked marked? just to let you know what HFC have posted me lately.

If you look at the balance oustanding on the link below it states a whopping £31,871.78

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/hfcoutstanding1a.jpg

If you look at the link below it states an outstanding balance of £19,355

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/hfcoutstanding2a.jpg

To me that equates to a total of £12.516.78 miss-calculated.

you guy's will also see that in the letter itself it sates that "HFC will pass my debt onto an external agency, whome will come to my door with an objective to collect the balance outstanding. ... What are they like:) those silly people, dont they realise that it would have to go to court before anyone could "with an objective " pay me a visit, and even then there would be legal issues.

The next thing, is of a letter i recieved today, as you will see dated 20 febuary 2008, then why oh why would they have a letter dated and sent by me on the 26 febuary 2008,

1st point the letter in question is this link below

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/responsetoCCADaramola.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/responsetoCCAdaramolaa.jpg

2nd it is dated 26 january 2008, it was claimed that it was never recieved with the telephone complaint. So they have now admitted they have it, and they seem to think that the reason for all this is because i am in " financial diffuculty", if they looked at the letter i sent with the telephone complaint they will see the reasonfor all this, and as this situation goes along , they drop themselves in it further and further.

So you good people on this site, stick in, dig in and dont give up.

Regards Gordon

Keep us posted Gordon. It seems you have the situation under control - unlike them;). Left hand, hello this is right hand calling!!! Which month are we in?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

Just an update.

Those silly people at HFC have sent me an action of intent to apply a default notice to my account, that i recieved to but was dated 25/02/08 with the action taken place on the 10/03/08 or there after (thus being 10 days late and only 5 days from the action),and they intend on applying a second default to my account (strange as i never have a first letter of notice for my first default, for which THEY WILL REMOVE) are they just F****** stupid, do they understand the implications of their deciept, it just makes me more and more determined to fight them, fight them for what is right, i have a lovely family and BIG PAIR OF BALLS so any of you out there watching ( and i know there are a few of you with HFC work related interests watching us), beware there are ways and means of proving how stupid an ignorant you banks treat us.

Appart from that little rant, i must say things are going according to plan,FOS have my first complaint, i'll be drafting up my second and third shortly, HFC are not getting anything off me as they have not complied to my request for my CCA or my SAR (Subject, Access, Request), so i'll leave it to the ombudsman but as HFC have lied already to the FOS (and i expect they'll do it again) so then i'll have more of a knockout punch if i need to go to court. DING DONG LLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!.

kind regards to you good folk out there

Gordon:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

just an update really, i've been looking at my so called CCA, and as you can see at the bottom left hand corner you can see 2 different dates, these dates were supposed to be the same as the amounts shown = the payment of £301.12 which was monthly payment were for the 1 loan which was agreed in August 2004......in light of this subsequent error that the sales person made, would this invalidate the loan completely...i have a feeling that it may do.. Any idea's.....i have also given HFC 7 days to come up with my full SAR so they havnt got long left, as they have been in default for months now and next stage is to go straight for a court order.

They still havent supplied me with an executed CCA so the DL&RS are going to be told what they can do.

Regards Gordon.

Would still like advice on the dates on the crappy CCA

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/CCA1a.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/CCA1b.jpg

Hi Gordon, obviously someone had a spot of dyslexia on the dates front.

I am really not sure if this will invalidate the loan. Hopefully someone else can advise further:p

Are you saying that these two documents are all that you have received from them?

BANK CHARGES

Others

Wow the interest is a bit scary:mad:. How much have you actually repaid them? I had a ludicrous loan with Lombard and stopped paying when I thought they had had quite enough from me - haven't heard from them for three years.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Yeah tell me about it...i've paid about £6000, and havnt paid anything since nov 2007, the account is a total mess and i think they realise that, they wont send me any documents, so they will get nowt other than a court order off me...i have had 5 credit agreements with them and when i SAR they sent me telephone loggs concerning this account and that was it. So they can threaten me all they like.....cos i want all my money from all the accounts i've had with them and with this loan as an example a total of nearly £5000 is owed to me for my ppi and that is just the start.

Every stone i turn seems to have something there, and they know that i know so it's a battle of patience and determination so stuffem i aint goin anywhere.

Regards Gordon

Yeah tell me about it...i've paid about £6000, and havnt paid anything since nov 2007, the account is a total mess and i think they realise that, they wont send me any documents, so they will get nowt other than a court order off me...i have had 5 credit agreements with them and when i S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they sent me telephone loggs concerning this account and that was it. So they can threaten me all they like.....cos i want all my money from all the accounts i've had with them and with this loan as an example a total of nearly £5000 is owed to me for my ppi and that is just the start.

Every stone i turn seems to have something there, and they know that i know so it's a battle of patience and determination so stuffem i aint goin anywhere.

Regards Gordon

Hi Gordon

I used to work for HFC some time ago, so I know how some of their systems and policies etc work. Thankfully, I saw the light and got out of there - it was a terrible place to work. It's a sales company not a real bank.

From what I can see in the two letters in your first post, it looks like they have used your gross balance in the first letter (i.e. your total sum payable between that date and the end of the loan) and the closing balance (or settlement amount) in the 2nd letter which is the amount required to settle the loan on that day. I am guessing here, but it's an educated guess.

Presumably you have these letters are you weren't paying your loan as per the contract. If you have a dispute regarding the contract, then there are proper procedures under the Consumer Credit Act which HFC must follow in order for the debt to be enforceable. If they have breached these, you may have a case (you'd need a legal expert to advise on that).

If you are trying to avoid paying the debt entirely, you will need to show that HFC have breached the CCA in some fashion. Human errors such as the collections letters you received will not hold any weight.

The two different legal agreements you have are for the loan and for policies of insurance. They should both be dated the same day (as they are executed simultaneously). Whether this is a point to argue from a legal point of view would also need a legal person to comment on.

Regarding the PPI, HFC were recently fined over £1m for mis-selling. You may want to read the post that is stickied to this forum: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=44&a=115

If you believe your policy was mis-sold, you should be asking for the full amount of insurance plus interest that you have paid to date to be refunded and the policy to be cancelled.

As for the interest rates mentioned by Goldlady - yes they are high, ridiculously high!

• Haha 1

Hi All,

Just an update to mention,

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/dlrs.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/dlrs1.jpg.

They above are the latest communications from the blasted people, the first i recieved on thursday last week the second i recieved today, as you can see by the dates they do not correspond with when i truley was supposed to recieve them.

Ive already sent my reply (recorded of course) and it states basically "get stuffed", i'm going for full refund of PPI which is just under £5000 with interest on just one account, as i have had 4/5 different agreements this is only the start.

They have got 6 weeks to come up with a solution ie full refund + interest, as they have not, this offer has been used to wipe myself clean after a nice curry, so as i have said they have 6 weeks to go then i go back to the ombudsman, and try and get what i want, if i dont get what i want, i've got a form to fill in from the Information Commissioners Office as they replied to my compliant, so plan is, let time pass, ombudsman, ico, then court, i'll go to court with plenty of issues 2 of which "legaly" they have failed in the obligations regarding CCA and SAR,the other as results of maladministration, inappropiate advice, and lying to the ombudsman (which i think they'd love to here about) so stuffem, i'll fight these muck monkeys as if i lived in sparta, so bring it on HFC, bring it on.

Regards Gordon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Guess what?......i've just recieved a letter through the post from wieghtmans and it states "I OWE HFC £37403.74" and asking me to give new details of my person if my details have changed since i entered the agreement.......are they mad ???? well i already know they are stupid so mad is not far off par....so they can getstuffed aswell...i'll send them a nice little letter next week telling them what i think and that if they want to take me to court then they can bring it on, i've been trying to get my SAR and just keep getting fobed off, i've been through all the correct procedures, and still they persist in aquiring new information of me especialy my signature which i've told them no way as they already have that source in a copy of my passport (which they say they do not have), iff they have lost the copy i sent them then i'm sure they have breached security standards with regards to holding and aquiring personal infromation? HFC are just full of ***t, they have failed to supply me a fully executed CCA including any document referred to in it (ie, my default notice from oct 2005), they have failed to SAR as they previously have sent a partial rubbish attempt at one from this account but as they know i have had 4/5 acounts with them which they wont give me,so iff they had my passport details then, then why have they not got them now, they are refusing to fulfil their obligations with both my requests and now weightmans, well boo hoo!!!! who gives a toss, i'm not backing down to a bank that treats its customers with absolute comtempt.

Regards Gordon

Crikey, what they say you owe goes up n down like a yoyo doesnt it. Have you sent your complain re mis sold PPI to the Financial Ombudsman?.

Good luck xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeah Citizen B,

Now i know i'm gonna get anywhere now, i've got to resend my compliant into the FOS, and while i'm at it ill send it to the ICO, i've got the forms for both so see what happens, but more than likely to go to court, if it does they are gonna pay through the nose as they cant argue with the facts and the outcome of those facts, so while i'll do those things i'll also colate a seperate file for court.

Regards Gordon

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just an update, ive been communicating with weightmans on my agreement with HFC, i have sent weightmans a letter stating what i expect of HFC, ie before any resolution is achieved and before any further payment is made, i expect HFC to refund my PPI plus interest, pay my costs, draw up a new loan with correct documentation, and remove the default off my credit file. Weightmans replied and said they have passed on my expectations to HFC and are waiting for their response, im expecting HFC to slam the door but i have informed them that taking me to court will dammage what is an all ready dammaged reputation in respect of their actions, and will cost them an absolute fortune in costs and compensation etc etc..so all im doing now is waiting for them to get back..ive also asked weightmans for a statement of account and that they send me all relative documentation with regards to my agreement as the T`S & C`S they sent are unreadable and that they have not sent me any notice of penalty which was apparently set on me in 0ct 2005, so as i said im just waiting before my next choice of route.

Hope you are all well

Gordon

Hi gordansanderson :)

How are things going with this?

I am interested as Weightmans / HFC are taking me to court. The action was started BEFORE they located the credit agreement.

I have made a complaint to the Solicitors Legal Complaints division about Weightmans. A conclusion has not been reached but they are doing a thorough investigation.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hopeful1,

Sorry i havent replied earlier than now, ive been up to my ears in it, well firstly, i had my response from the ICO and the result was what i was expecting, they stated that they didnt not full the criteria of section 6 of the data protection act and they have given them 28 days to fully comply, weightmans should know this as i informed them of what the ICO had said, im waiting to here from the FOS with regards to my CCA and offered weightmans weekly token payments of £1 until ive had a response from the FOS, i havent heard anything nor have i had reply so there either working out a response or they are seeking legal action to reclaim the amount they state i owe ( which is a total that is incorrect), so with the ICO`s positive response and i expect the same from the FOS then if they do decide to take me to court i can apply fo a stay in proceedings on the points that the ICO have made and that im waiting to here from the FOS, given that i have offered token payments until i am in reciept of such a response then the court should not persue until i have all the info, as you will know the acount has been in despute for an age now so the clock is ticking for wieghtmans to give me a reply, in either case court or no court im slowly turning the screws and putting on the pressure on those bar stewards.

Ill keep you all upto date when i am in reciept of a response..

Regards Gordon

Regarding the difference in dates. It would seem as though you took the PPI out before the loan. Would that be normal, surely not. Either both documents should be dated the same date or the PPI afterwards not a month before.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB,

That's it matey, i got the ppi in the august on the same day from hamilton when took out the loan, but the ppi charged from hfc themselves i did not know about as when i was to apply my signature the hamilton insurance sheet was placed over the actual loan sheet, so i could see that i had been charged twice, the loan i asked for was for a total of £300 a month including ppi and as it happens the loan was £301.12 including AC,CI Cover,AND ASU from hamilton which was agreed and the other sneakely placed as a total consisting of a single premium for ASU from hfc , when i realised i was fuming, so now it kicking off with weightmans so ive dug myself in and im waiting lol..

Regards Gordon

Have you made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.. I am sure they could sort this one out for you. :D Whilst charging the company to investigate to boot :lol:

BCOBS

As i now have had a response from the ICO im sending all documents on fri, they have approx 8 days to comply with what the ICO have said on the details of that account, they also have approx 15 at most to comply with my second SAR for three other accounts ive had with them since 2002, and if they dont comply with that SAR then its back to the ICO once more and to go through the process of going to the FOS again which i love doing with the ICO recommendations in hand (adds abit of clout) should be even more if they take no notice of the ICO but well see.

Regards Gordon

just looked up, they've got 28 days to comply with the ICO.

Nice one Gordon :D

BCOBS